Knowing how guns work can ruin a movie/tv show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw the new movie Game Night, which was pretty funny, until, a girl thinking a revolver is fake fires it into the ceiling. She gets startled and drops the revolver, which then discharges again! There wasn't enough time for her to cock the hammer before dropping it, so there should not be a way for the revolver to fire.

Ruined the rest of the movie for me.
You and me both brutha. My wife hates it when I pause the movie, back it up and start hollering LOOK AT THAT!
THAT GUN CAN'T DO THAT!!
I get the stink eye and a low growl that sounds like STFU.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, pet peeve of mine.

Then, add to that a solid knowledge of physics and most "reality" based movies (ie, those that are supposed to abide by the rules of the world we live in) will drive you crazy.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not as bad but was watching American Gangster yesterday and Denzel dropped his mag, racked the round out of the chamber, loaded a fresh mag and went about his business. I dont remember if he racked one in the chamber in that part or not, but either way he's down a round in my mind.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a movie. Enjoy it for the entertainment.

Remember Remo Williams? He could dodge bullets. Neo could stop them in mid air. Wade Wilson can chop them in half in flight. Is that real? Hell no, it's just entertainment.

Dig that potato chip outta your keister and have some sort of fun in your life.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It chaps my azz something fierce when I catch these kinda dumbazz mistakes. I cringe when they do it in books too, like this one loser pub I was reading about and some super secret spy dude who had this really cool gun that him and all the other super secret spies were issued. It was a Taurus. Definitely a "top of the line" pistol. Kinda ruined the rest of the book for me. Well, that and the fact that I didn't finish it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom