Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News report:

"The weather 55 miles south in Orange County, where the helicopter had departed less than an hour earlier, had been fine — four miles visibility. Mr. Bryant had routinely made the same flight from his home on the coast to the Camarillo airport, near his basketball academy north of Los Angeles.

But now, up ahead, a fog so thick that it nearly blinded drivers on the freeway enveloped the hillsides near their destination. Visibility was so poor that the Los Angeles Police Department had grounded its fleet of helicopters. The pilot had a decision to make, one that might have proved fatal."

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accused of rape refused to prosecute by the DA, and then settled in a civil case? Ok.
The civil and criminal cases were separate actions, and civil cases frequently get settled out of court.

The DA might very well have thought Kobe was guilty as sin, but when the defendant refused to testify, added to the evidence of her having multiple sexual encounters during that same time frame, it became very difficult, if not impossible, to prove that it was not consensual.

Plus there's that pesky Constitution and the right to face one's accuser...

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The civil and criminal cases were separate actions, and civil cases frequently get settled out of court.

The DA might very well have thought Kobe was guilty as sin, but when the defendant refused to testify, added to the evidence of her having multiple sexual encounters during that same time frame, it became very difficult, if not impossible, to prove that it was not consensual.

Plus there's that pesky Constitution and the right to face one's accuser...

The constitution only applies to outstanding Republican's, not democrats or celebrities.

I think its a pretty sad deal. Grew up watching MJ and then Kobe. The dude made some pretty bad mistakes, unlike most of the people, but it definitely appears he turned his life and was doing everything he could to enjoy his life after basketball and focusing on his family.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How the crash has turned into democrats and republicans is beyond me.
I don't even watch NBA basketball because I'm a College Football / NASCAR / MLB kind of guy.
Everyone no matter who they are deserve their day in court to face their accuser.
Seems like most folks want to do the trial on social media and Television.
Read first part of John Chapter 8 and then I wonder how many accusers would be left?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The constitution only applies to outstanding Republican's, not democrats or celebrities.

I think its a pretty sad deal. Grew up watching MJ and then Kobe. The dude made some pretty bad mistakes, unlike most of the people, but it definitely appears he turned his life and was doing everything he could to enjoy his life after basketball and focusing on his family.

I read that of that coach, wife, and daughter that died, there was another 16 year old daughter they left behind. Sad deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom