Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kobe had a pilots license to fly a helicopter. That is how he would get to all the games in LA when he was playing, did not have to deal with traffic.

Any reports say that there was a pilot too, or was Kobe the pilot?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything specifically mentioning a pilot, but everything I have seen says five dead, mentions Kobe and daughter, and two other people. So the speculation is the fifth is a pilot.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terrible deal. Looks like bad, foggy weather. Think NTSB and FAA report will read: Controlled Flight into Terrain.
Appears the bird was 161 KIAS at 1700 AGL when they found a 2,000’ mountain.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's big news all over the world and real big news here where I live. He lives in the same area (but obviously in a much nicer gated community) but close enough that his girls played in the same AYSO soccer league as my kid and was always seen at the games as a typical parent supporting the kids and teams a handful of years ago. The other girl and father killed live in our neighborhood and my son is classmates of the other dead girls older sister. She went to the local Jr High School. The weather was real foggy in Socal today, especially in the morning when the accident occurred, and knowing the area the helo crashed it is entirely possible it was weather/visibility related. Sad deal for sure.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people want to be outraged at the media coverage, i suggest focusing on TMZ and the fact that it published the story before the family could be informed. But not sure anyone could really be shocked by this, as it is TMZ

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How bout we just focus on all of the media? In the search to be the first, or to get all the clicks, they all continually pushed out incorrect information. First it was five people, then maybe two daughters, then the whole family, then he and four daughters, then maybe fellow athletes, Lakers trainers, up to seven people, family is safe, one kid dead, two kids dead, back to one kid dead, nine people in total now... all rumors spread through social media and forums based on hearsay. Everybody wants to be the first with gossip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom