Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there was or wasn't a trial?
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg
I don't remember, but you can reach a settlement at any point up until a verdict is rendered. It's possible that a trial was in progress when the settlement was reached.

So the fact a settlement was reached doesn't tell us either way.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were no trials, civil or criminal.

Bryant was initially arrested but later the criminal case was dismissed by prosecutor. The civil suit was filed but was settled before it went to trial.
So you know this for true? Really? you've actually researched this topic?
If you know what you're talking about, don't you have a responsibility to recuse yourself from this thread?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until yesterday I had no clue who Mr Bryant played basketball for. For millions of us in this country pro sports aren't our desired form of entertainment. I see no reason to weep and wail and gnash my teeth over his death. As we all will, he died. Life goes on. Just wondering how David Payne is gonna hype tomorrow's weather on the 10:00 newscast tonight?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were no trials, civil or criminal.

Bryant was initially arrested but later the criminal case was dismissed by prosecutor. The civil suit was filed but was settled before it went to trial.
I'll bet a criminal case in this situation wouldn't be dismissed by a prosecutor if it were you or me. Welcome to the second tier of criminals in the United States where money buys innocence and non disclosure agreements settle cases.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bet a criminal case in this situation wouldn't be dismissed by a prosecutor if it were you or me. Welcome to the second tier of criminals in the United States where money buys innocence and non disclosure agreements settle cases.

Money did buy his civil settlement. It may or may not have bought his innocence. I remember following the ordeal as it happened, and the accuser was by all accounts bats#!t crazy. They found... *ahem* evidence of other men on her and still in her drawers when she was examined after the encounter. Kobe was not her first and/or last stop that evening. He may have been a sleazy adulterer, but it came out pretty evident she was consenting to a whole helluva lot from him and others that evening.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. You or me wouldn't get in such a situation anyway. ;)

:drunk2:
Money did buy his civil settlement. It may or may not have bought his innocence. I remember following the ordeal as it happened, and the accuser was by all accounts bats#!t crazy. They found... *ahem* evidence of other men on her and still in her drawers when she was examined after the encounter. Kobe was not her first and/or last stop that evening. He may have been a sleazy adulterer, but it came out pretty evident she was consenting to a whole helluva lot from him and others that evening.
But it still didn't bring out the evidence that she might have said no.
Zero way to determine who was first, and did she accuse the other two?

Latest posts

Top Bottom