Korea part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Pillsbury dough boy doesn't want to die an idealogical death any more than you and I do.
When his saber quits rattling, he will too. JMHO.
Agreed. He's not a "fall on his sword" kind of guy.
The Kim dynasty was doomed. His father knew it and held power from a time when the country could be isolated to the onset of mass means of information. He did so by increasing brutal executions masked by accusations of treason and daily warnings of the impending invasion of the US.
Baby Kim came to power when the purging was less effective so he increased it. Total cyber isolation was impossible so he increased the labor/re-education/death camps by 10 fold. His last resort was the all out preparation for war and provocation. All of this is only to prolong the Kim's hold on power.
He's a true coward who will try to flee when the dam breaks. He likes living and I would guess he has billions hidden in Saudi or Irani banks.
I don't think the secret power structure in NK will allow him to launch. I'm sure safeguards are in place from the ones inside that can stop him, and will if it came to it.
Saber rattling only gives away your position. It don't win wars.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. He's not a "fall on his sword" kind of guy.
The Kim dynasty was doomed. His father knew it and held power from a time when the country could be isolated to the onset of mass means of information. He did so by increasing brutal executions masked by accusations of treason and daily warnings of the impending invasion of the US.
Baby Kim came to power when the purging was less effective so he increased it. Total cyber isolation was impossible so he increased the labor/re-education/death camps by 10 fold. His last resort was the all out preparation for war and provocation. All of this is only to prolong the Kim's hold on power.
He's a true coward who will try to flee when the dam breaks. He likes living and I would guess he has billions hidden in Saudi or Irani banks.
I don't think the secret power structure in NK will allow him to launch. I'm sure safeguards are in place from the ones inside that can stop him, and will if it came to it.
Saber rattling only gives away your position. It don't win wars.

NK is a cult.
Has been for decades.
Think David Koresh and branch davidians, except with nukes!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What in the article isn't credible? I'd like to understand your point of view.

The coulda, shoulda, woulda was overwhelming to me in terms of logic. 9 out of 10? Really? I get that people think he's nuts. Just another dictator with WMDs that needs removal eh?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The coulda, shoulda, woulda was overwhelming to me in terms of logic. 9 out of 10? Really? I get that people think he's nuts. Just another dictator with WMDs that needs removal eh?

When has a dictator with WMDs ever been removed?
NK is a cult like operation, getting WMDs is their insurance against being taken down.
Holding Seoul hostage has worked for the last 50 year but apparently that's not good enough any more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The comments I made and steel fingers made about China not wanting the US on their SE border will be enough to get China to act In fact it already has. China is refusing coal ships from NK, and has threatened NK to stand down if they want future oil imports from China to NK to continue.
The last time I looked, No military in the world operates from wind or solar power. Oil is king.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The comments I made and steel fingers made about China not wanting the US on their SE border will be enough to get China to act In fact it already has. China is refusing coal ships from NK, and has threatened NK to stand down if they want future oil imports from China to NK to continue.
The last time I looked, No military in the world operates from wind or solar power. Oil is king.
Well that's great if Kim has a desire to become an old man, and I hope he does.

OTOH, if he comes to believe that the book of Revelations is being revealed ....

Well, let's just say Janet Reno is going to have some answering to do. K?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9 out of 10 isn't inconceivable when neither water or electricity are flowing after an EMP attack. The military will go on and the preppers will look pretty smart.

The US Navy has spent a lot of money developing synthetic fuels as part of a strategy to be independent of oil supplies. Hydrocarbons are still king, but they don't have to come from oil if you have a lot of money to spend.

China is putting a lot of pressure on NK. I hope it works. For a change, China and the US have an interest that doesn't conflict. Who'd have thought that would ever happen?

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the consensus is that China will step in before we get a chance to?
If Canada or Mexico went off the deep end and was threatening Russia and China with nuclear weapons and Russia or China, has had enough and were going to bomb or invade to protect themselves, would we let that happen without acting? Of course we would. Regardless of the right or wrong of it, we would not want Russia or China on our doorsteps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US Navy has spent a lot of money developing synthetic fuels as part of a strategy to be independent of oil supplies. Hydrocarbons are still king, but they don't have to come from oil if you have a lot of money to spend.

China is putting a lot of pressure on NK. I hope it works. For a change, China and the US have an interest that doesn't conflict. Who'd have thought that would ever happen?

The Germans in WWII developed synthetic fuels as well and our Navy operates on nuclear power in a large part, but that is the exception to the rule for other countries.
China is on board to eliminate the US from getting to their border and keep trade up. Their economy is not strong now. They need trade badly right now to help their economy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom