Kusiak Holster - P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
www.kusiakleather.com

These holsters are very popular and highly spoken of over on the Sig Sites; particularly for the P365 and other of the smaller guns. So, even though there is not much info available on OSA about them (and we all know that this is THE site, much revered by experts both near and far), I ordered one and got it today. Retail is like $56, but they are on sale, still I think, for like $47 bucks. It took right at 10 days from my order. Pretty quick! These holsters are minimalist in that they are very thin, yet still pretty darn rigid. They just don't have a lot of material to them. In fact, it is a very thin piece of nicely-formed (molded, or... pressed) leather that has been formed to the gun and held in place with a sturdy steel belt clip, sized to fit a 1.5 belt. And I do mean it is thin!

I guess Kusiak is using something like 5-6 oz weight leather, whereas most of my other rigs are made of 8-9 oz hides. Still, it isn't some flimsy suede piece of junk, it is a real, well-made, rigid little leather holster that looks like it will do the job as advertised. A couple of observations: It is TIGHT. My P365 is double wax-paper wrapped and sitting in the holster now, where it will stay for the rest of the day and night. The holster has a reinforcing strip of leather glued/sewn on the underside of the trigger guard that folds inwards along the underneath side where the trigger guard sits. It's obviously there to strengthen retention and to protect that trigger from inadvertent press , since the leather around it is otherwise so thin. I don't think it's really needed, but it is a nice touch that shows the folks at Kusiak are thinking and doing things to keep people from shooting themselves when they go to holster the gun or insert it IWB. The sight channel is tall and the full length of the holster so you won't pull bits of leather out with your front sight when you draw the pistol. The sweat guard is full length and covers the back of the slide. The top edges of the holster, where the gun inserts into the holster, are slightly beveled outwards to aid in holstering too. I like these touches.

I ordered mine with a straight drop, for AIWB carry. It rides low, but allows a full grip. No claw or wedge is needed, for me anyway, as the holster and the gun fit nice and tight to my body. (Claw? We don't need no steenkin' claw). The steel belt clip is very strong; I anticipate no problem with it; like drawing the holster along with the gun as so many cheap holsters with flimsy clips reportedly tend to do.

I have a TT Gunleather holster on order for this P365, and I have no fantasies that this little minimalist Kusiak will be as "good' a holster as the TT KX Lightweight IWB I'll soon have, but for what it is, it is very nice, and I am a happy camper with it. It is more comfortable than the Kydex Vedder Light Tuck I have, and holds the gun just as well and tight as the Vedder. I'll keep the Vedder, as I like to use a Kydex holster to store my pistols in, and the TT Gunleather KX IWB will be my number-one-wear-it-all-day holster. But I think the Kusiak will be my go-to holster for quick trips out the door where I don't need or want to bolt on a full set up. Here's some pics:
2be502bb232a7fc311c6c67410e443cd.jpg
b3c817e1c35bbe7235d30b93431d6ec6.jpg
395ed8e6fa9b16c99a4caddc0e28c7e4.jpg
5fd578d040a919e8696b7804559f2eb1.jpg

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I've read good things about Kusiak holsters but have never personally tried one. After reading your write up about the particular model you purchased and it receiving your personal endorsement that might have to change.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Someone and I do mean anyone please find a negative holster review from @druryj ..... The man is a self admitted holster hoarder, damn near buried alive type kind of holster hoarder.... But in his defense he has alot of guns. Wait, we all have, no never mind. Good review Joel, thanks.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone and I do mean anyone please find a negative holster review from @druryj ..... The man is a self admitted holster hoarder, damn near buried alive type kind of holster hoarder.... But in his defense he has alot of guns. Wait, we all have, no never mind. Good review Joel, thanks.

And? So you want a negative review? Is that it? Alrighty then, here you go you Mr. @D.Hargrove guy you...

“A BAD HOLSTER REVIEW”

I bought a Blackpoint Tactical MiniWing Holster; one endorsed on the Sig website, for my Sig M-11A1 thinking “Welp; It’s endorsed by Sig, so it gotsta be good right? Welp; not. It sucked. Totally, unequivocally sucked. I adjusted and fiddled, twisted, tightened, played with the different heights and cants...stiil, suckage. Dang thing was like $80-85 bucks and you know what? I wore it outside once and felt miserable. I kept touchin’ and messin’ with it, trying to be cool but probably being spotted by everybody, like noobs will do when they are walking the Wally Walk, you know, on their first time to carry? I was sure everyone could see muh pistol like, you know? So, I was embarrassed and I gave the damn cursed thing away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I've read good things about Kusiak holsters but have never personally tried one. After reading your write up about the particular model you purchased and it receiving your personal endorsement that might have to change.

It's going to be a little like that Ritchie you already have, except thinner, I think, and not as expensive...The Ritchie is probably a better holster, but then...I really don't know. You might like the Kusiak better...or not. I'm always searching for the ideal holster. The TT Gunleather KX Lightweight I have on order might be it; we shall see!

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And? So you want a negative review? Is that it? Alrighty then, here you go you Mr. @D.Hargrove guy you...

“A BAD HOLSTER REVIEW”

I bought a Blackpoint Tactical MiniWing Holster; one endorsed on the Sig website, for my Sig M-11A1 thinking “Welp; It’s endorsed by Sig, so it gotsta be good right? Welp; not. It sucked. Totally, unequivocally sucked. I adjusted and fiddled, twisted, tightened, played with the different heights and cants...stiil, suckage. Dang thing was like $80-85 bucks and you know what? I wore it outside once and felt miserable. I kept touchin’ and messin’ with it, trying to be cool but probably being spotted by everybody, like noobs will do when they are walking the Wally Walk, you know, on their first time to carry? I was sure everyone could see muh pistol like, you know? So, I was embarrassed and I gave the damn cursed thing away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a very high riding, non securable, flippy floppy, grip chafing POS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom