1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kyler Murray expected to enter NFL draft

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JD8, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I heard yesturday that he was rumored to be returning to OU because he said "he wasnt satisfied with last season" and I guess wants to try to improve it?

2. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  3. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Baker made the transition into the NFL without skipping a beat! Unlike most. That says a LOT.

Shadowrider likes this.
  4. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am objective because I'm going off the facts LOL. Look, I get the cliché you need to be 6'4 philosophy that is burned into people's heads. However, if you watch football, a LOT of the guys having success aren't necessarily that tall. You've got Wilson, Brees, and some other guys running just over 6'. Hell Flutie did it for years.

You keep moving the goalposts.

You said "Kyler isn't suited for the NFL and that Kyler won't be a QB in the NFL"

They said the EXACT same thing about Baker.

"Well.... we aren't sure about Baker and it's halfway through the season."
    "They play defense in the NFL"

Really? It's the end of the season and he broke a Rookie TD passing record.

"Well Baker isn't Legendary"

Nobody is saying that.

Nobody is saying that Baker NOR Kyler is going to be the best ever but both QBs have faced similar criticism and proved them wrong. You have a lot of scouts that have come forth and said he can play in the NFL.

bigred1 and CHenry like this.
  5. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not necessarily true. Baker's contract was over 30 million with 20 guaranteed I believe. Kyler could sign with the A's and never get out of the minors. He's a mini Ricky Henderson IMO but you never know. He goes first round in the NFL and he will get paid.

Shadowrider and Okie4570 like this.
  6. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well given his athleticism displayed so far, I got doubts about him being stuck in the minors for too long. Will he hit 40 HRs a year? Probably not, but he's one of those few that are gifted so you never know.

7. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    He can steal a base and he's got a glove and a cannon, but can he get on base? It SEEMS he likes football more than baseball, but again, you're right.... who knows?

8. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Ehlinger couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat lol. He's Teebow but with less of an arm.

Baker made plays with his legs and his ability to scramble in college, same with NFL, not your traditional pocket passer. Something that makes the Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, etc so dangerous. A significant portion of his plays in college were outside of the pocket. Somehow you figure Baker is the "Pocket passer" and Kyler was the "Running QB." again.... facts..... Kyler passed for 42 TDs and Baker 43 the last year he played at OU. There's a difference of ~30 pass attempts between the two. The difference in yd between the two was Kyler's athletic ability, once he DID actually scramble (usually not designed) he got into open space and nobody could catch him.

bigred1 and CHenry like this.
  9. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Preach on brother.

10. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I myself think Baker and Kyler are very similar QBs. They "made their money" with great arm strength throwing the ball with uncanny accuracy while on the run. Kyler just has more top end speed, they were both pretty quick at getting going. But again, it was that they can both throw the piss out of it while on the move.

Okie4570 and JD8 like this.