Lake Thunderbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16” largemouth. Didn’t weigh her before I let her go. I was targeting saugeye with a 4” sunfish colored swimtail.

Attachments

• 783D3263-79CE-4A96-82A1-05B4211B7C04.jpeg
    783D3263-79CE-4A96-82A1-05B4211B7C04.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 44

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishing has been super slow last two days. A week ago, I could go out and catch a couple dozen in a few hours. Yesterday and today I have been lucky to get a couple bites in the same time frame. The storms must have done something.
Sometimes when conditions change, the presentation/strategy must change. Sometimes its as simple as color. Sometimes slower retrieve to fish a little deeper.

Its still a little early, but once baitfish spawn and millions of 3/4"-1" long baitfish are everywhere it can be tough to get bit with a 3" lure. It will have you so frustrated to see fish actively feeding and you throw right in the middle and can't get a bite. Switch to a lure that matches as closely as you can and throw into the school.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out Saturday did n0ot get in the water until 11 am and only netted 1 shad around the twin bridges.
Cut it into 4 pieces and set 1 jug with 2 hooks and drifted with the other pieces.
No bite but got one 4 lb blue on the jug.
Caught 1 perch and got a good hit off it and instantly busted the mono line on wife's pole. slime on the string for 16"

2 PM I head up the river north of the twin bridges to let the wife toss a rooster tail and I will toss a shad net.

Found the shad!
Little late in the day but what the heck I set 9 jugs out and went and parked on the bank and pole fished.
Got another blue cat this one was bigger.
Got it on the stringer and just got the pole back out and another pole goes off.

Man this one if a fighter and made several good runs.
Finally got it to the boat and it is a BIG drum.

Yep I eat those.
Checked jugs and ended up with 5 Catfish and 1 drum for the short trip.
One blue was 27" long.
No eggs in them.
Drum had small eggs in it.

Would have been nice to have my boat in the water with shad in a bucket at 6am.
May have limited out.
They just do not bite well after 2 PM for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom