Lakers suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not watched a single NFL game this year. This from a guy who used to watch 2-5 games a week. Know what, I don't even give it a second thought anymore. Also, have cut back on NBA. No real reason since I wasn't a big NBA fan, anyway. I occasionally tune in to the Thunder or Celtics, but not much more.

I still spend a lot of time on college sports. However, if I wasn't a serious Cowpoke fan, even that would be cut way back. The college guys are drinking the Kool-Aid too much for my tastes. Guess I'm old school. I can remember when Barry Sanders would score one of his amazing runs and just hand the ball to the ref and trot off the field. Class! These guys today make a routine play and act like it was their first time.

I'm and old crank, live with it. Merry Christmas.
You and I get it. No jumping in Kettles or thumping of chest. Just hand the ball to the nearest ref. and go back for the next play.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll tune in a Thunder game if I'm not doing anything else which is rare. For the most part I quit the NFL 10 or more years ago. It's just not as competitive as college (they're all about as good as their opponent) and now this political BS. :puke: College ball is getting about as bad as the NFL used to be, but I still watch some games.

I think that buffer dude may be right, NHL and maybe MLB for pro sports.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't do the NHL unless I'm at the game and on the glass. Love Baseball but I afraid they're missing the boat.
A few changes in the game (that has been continually changing over the years) would make it faster and more exciting.
The length of the season and the games (particularly because of tv coverage), younger fans just don't buy in.
Add the cost of taking your family to a game, and you will start watching the local High School games.
I record some games, and watch them later, and when you ff through the bs, tv timeouts, pitching changes and scratching and adjusting in the box after every pitch, the game is fast and fun.
Some changes would drive people (purest) crazy. Changes like: You are allowed two pitching changes per game not including the closer. Pitch clock that starts with ball returned to pitcher. Batters not allowed to call time once in box.
Umpire directs batter to plate and he has only 10 sec's to get set (dig in) for initial pitch. Batter is on the pitchers time clock then, and if he's not in the box, tooooooo baaaaddd.
Coaches and players cannot argue a judgement call. Rule disputes only and limited to two per game.
Any player/coach not leaving field when instructed, are fined and suspended for 6 games.
Now that would speed up the game and not change the fundamentals. HIT/CATCH/PITCH/THROW/RUN

Latest posts

Top Bottom