Land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer925

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought my place (160 Acres ) for less than 600/acre. Timber land in the southeast mountains with no utilities and all weather access. Prices have went through the roof (crazy pricing) for property with some lots of 5 to 20 acres being priced in the mid 4 digits per acre. Tough for any average joe to get a place.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been looking as well. Usually electric is the only available utility. I’m not knowledgeable about wells, so would need expert advice in prob most areas of construction in rural areas. Are there consultants available that can assist? I don’t want to trust just the sellers agent.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use a Realtor because they should be able to find the answers you're looking for like available utilities, school districts, future growth, etc.
Take anything a realtor tells you with a grain of salt, because they will get a commission (or at least a fee, by finding a buyer for the listing realtor) when the property sells.

Years ago, I read about a buyer relating an experience. They were looking at a parcel of land with the realtor, and noticed a lot of birds flying around just beyond a nearby hill. The realtor told them it was a nature preserve, and they would see a lot of birds. They were thrilled.

The "nature preserve" turned out to be the city dump...
:drunk2:

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take anything a realtor tells you with a grain of salt, because they will get a commission (or at least a fee, by finding a buyer for the listing realtor) when the property sells.

Years ago, I read about a buyer relating an experience. They were looking at a parcel of land with the realtor, and noticed a lot of birds flying around just beyond a nearby hill. The realtor told them it was a nature preserve, and they would see a lot of birds. They were thrilled.

The "nature preserve" turned out to be the city dump...
That buyer was an idiot for not driving around the property and exploring their future purchase to realize a dump was right there. I agree. I always do my own due diligence to validate information I am given. I recommend the OP do the same.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That buyer was an idiot for not driving around the property and exploring their future purchase to realize a dump was right there. I agree. I always do my own due diligence to validate information I am given. I recommend the OP do the same.
IIRC, they drove immediately around to the "nature preserve" after the meet, hoping to see more wildlife. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom