• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This is an “in search of” post, trying to help a family member out.

They’re selling some property and would like to reinvest in more land. Ideally located in south central or southeast oklahoma (we are in Garvin county for reference) but that’s not 100% necessary. Mainly interested in good quality, good value farm land, with water rights and the ability to irrigate as a big plus. Pasture or timber would be considered if it had excellent water on it (ground water, year round stream, spring, etc), and was priced aggressively. Doesnt have to have any improvements but that’s always a plus.
Maybe someone on here has a family member or friend with an unlisted property that we haven’t seen yet on any of the hundred different listing sites out there.

We don’t need a real estate agent. Thanks OSA

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Da chinamen dun bought it all
And everyone who didn’t sell theirs thinks it’s worth asking an absurd price to see if someone will just show up with cash.

I think many would accept “lowball” offers, but that’s not really a good practice on either end of the deal.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
I have a lot in Lakewood Ranchettes located close to Durant that I would let go, my dad bought it in 1981 and there is absolutely zero improvements on the lot, there are neighbors on both sides of the lot but mine is full of trees.

I don't know very much about the land but I went down there a couple of months ago and I have ZERO plans for the lot, if I don't sell it it will go to my kids one day. I have no idea how much to ask for it but I am open to offers and I am off work all next week and will meet serious buyers down there during daylight hours.

The neighbors to the east of the property have a shop that is close to the property line and I had mentioned this on here a few months back, I was going to offer the land to the neighbors first but I keep getting letters from interested parties and as terrible as this is going to sound none of the signatures at the bottom of the letters make me feel comfortable enough to actually reply to them as I wouldn't want to subject the neighbors that I've never met to potential pot farmers, I don't really think there is enough land there grow marijuana but I am a city boy and like previously mentioned, I have no plans for the land.

Send me a PM if interested, this goes for anyone that reads this as the original poster sounds like they are looking for more than what I have, I don't mean to hijack your thread but on the off chance they are interested I am also interested in getting rid of it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Real estate is where all the grifters are currently. Nobody is going to get a good deal these days.
That's fixing to change. Kinda.

With interest rising the seller's market and the "you better having a place lined up to move into if you sell" is cooling off. My BIL was all ready to sell his house and move out of town but my sister said no, because he'd just have to buy another property at crazy pricing.

What's really changing is there wasn't enough properties for sale 6 months ago for the amount of buyers out there. The amount of buyers has started to shrink and will continue to do so.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a lot in Lakewood Ranchettes located close to Durant that I would let go, my dad bought it in 1981 and there is absolutely zero improvements on the lot, there are neighbors on both sides of the lot but mine is full of trees.

I don't know very much about the land but I went down there a couple of months ago and I have ZERO plans for the lot, if I don't sell it it will go to my kids one day. I have no idea how much to ask for it but I am open to offers and I am off work all next week and will meet serious buyers down there during daylight hours.

The neighbors to the east of the property have a shop that is close to the property line and I had mentioned this on here a few months back, I was going to offer the land to the neighbors first but I keep getting letters from interested parties and as terrible as this is going to sound none of the signatures at the bottom of the letters make me feel comfortable enough to actually reply to them as I wouldn't want to subject the neighbors that I've never met to potential pot farmers, I don't really think there is enough land there grow marijuana but I am a city boy and like previously mentioned, I have no plans for the land.

Send me a PM if interested, this goes for anyone that reads this as the original poster sounds like they are looking for more than what I have, I don't mean to hijack your thread but on the off chance they are interested I am also interested in getting rid of it.
I’ll send you a PM, and get some details. It’s not quite what we’re looking for, but it never hurts to try.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What is acreage going for?
What is considered a "good deal" on 10 acres,
20 acres, 40 acres, 100 acres?
let's say this "land" is 30 minutes from big cities like Tulsa or OKC.
If you have a specific property/location in mind, more details would probably narrow it down. But it’s hard to speak accurately in generalities, with so many variables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom