Lapua suspends manufacturing of 7 brass cartridges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy has .30-30
But $32.97 is beyond ridiculous

Ya thats nuts. I used to never believe there would come a time when 30-30 would be non existent on shelves.

With that said, look at 45-70 pricing dear god. I can find it but direct thru remington or federal, same company now I know, vista outdoors, but damn $67 and $66 a box. 3 boxes and you are at $200, its nuts.

I have seen it as high as $89 tho.

I probably should get set up to reload but honestly I would not know what I was doing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya thats nuts. I used to never believe there would come a time when 30-30 would be non existent on shelves.

With that said, look at 45-70 pricing dear god. I can find it but direct thru remington or federal, same company now I know, vista outdoors, but damn $67 and $66 a box. 3 boxes and you are at $200, its nuts.

I have seen it as high as $89 tho.

I probably should get set up to reload but honestly I would not know what I was doing.
Grandson bought a box of .45-70, just before deer season, last year, $100.

I was finally able to interest him in reloading.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grandson bought a box of .45-70, just before deer season, last year, $100.

I was finally able to interest him in reloading.

I paid $45 last year. Only places I can find it now are direct from Federal and Remington.

I used ammo seek but damn the prices plus shipping, they have some listed now as low as $39 for reman and as high as $109.

I will stick with the remington 405gr low pressure for $66

I had a box and half already, so I just added a couple boxes to the stash.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a huge fan of the 6.5x47L as well as the 6.5 Grendel, I'm surprised...especially the former as it is their cartridge design.

However, a lot of competition has risen recently with Peterson, Alpha, and Starline brass coming on hard.

Starline brass has been pretty darned consistent in both the Grendel and 6.5 Manbun (Creedmoor) for me...as in 95% as close in tolerances (case volume, primer pocket depth, weight and headspace) at maybe 60% the price of Lapua. Close enough where I wouldn't sweat it unless I was competing in benchrest.

I have no experience with Peterson or Alpha, but supposedly they make some very nice stuff. I guess Alpha might have had some growing pains initially.

Still, I look at Lapa as the gold standard. My first 6.5x47L had SDs at 1 and 2 during initial load development with virgin brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom