• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Large Military Tents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I hunt all seasons for deer and used to hunt Ducks and was out in the woods cut off from stores for 2 weeks during the Duck season.
I used a small pup tent which I still have a pole at both ends and secure the 4 corners.
I got smart and set it up under a pine or cedar tree and took the pine needles and made a bed of them to set the tent onto.
But I laid a tarp down and sometimes dug a drain mote around my tent to allow runoff in case of rain..I took a tarp and placed it over the tent also. but allowing breathing room about 6" or more to keep condensation away.

Now here is a place to shop.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-backpack-tent-gray?a=1687375

And Stroh surplus is another that used to have good stuff.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwjnorK3gtfgAhUIS6wKHfEVCnwQoiowGnoECAUQBg

Last deer season I did sleep a couple nights in the back of a truck in the bed with a tarp over the bed.
Head at the tailgate listening to the coyotes and pigs during the night.

You do not need to spend money to have a good time out hunting or fishing.
I like to call it Indian style. sleep in a small tent and eat what you find.
I do not even take a lantern. I have lanterns but do not use them.

rakkal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the info! I'm actually not so much a hunter but a WWII reenactor. That's why I'm looking for something so specific...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom