LaRue Brachter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, it didn't start out in 2019 as an illegal operation as you stated. (italics added) Woody

Again, I didn’t state that. You are misquoting me. Either you made a mistake and will not man up to it or have issues comprehending my post as well as your own post. Try unpacking that.

That's me in the red.

Good boy - bad boy - doesn't matter. Woody

So breaking the law with an illegal felony grow operation does not matter? Well, that just begs the question of what other laws, “CONSTITUTIONAL COWBOY” do not matter? Just the ones you disagree with?

Yes, the irony in your screen name has not gone unnoticed.

The state didn't secure the grow operation, chop it down or kill it as far as I can tell. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been any crop to be stolen by the guy who got shot through the door.

As far as I can tell” says it all. You can’t tell.

Why the state didn’t chop or seize the current crop is likely due to the illegal pot farm that was discovered were most certainly new crops since his licensed expired in 2019.

Back to square one. Bratcher had an illegal grow operation. While committing a felony with his illegal grow operation and while in no danger to himself, Bratcher shot through a door and killed another man.

Maybe had Bratcher obeyed the law and upgraded his security to secure a legal license to grow dope ... or even better yet ... not had an illegal pot farm ... he would not be in County and you wouldn’t have to make excuses for his illegal (as in criminal) behavior? Oh .. and the other dude may well still be alive and possibly on his way to meet Chuck Darwin on another day?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if Bratcher had been occupying a bar that had lost it's license, and shot the man through the door of the now "illegal" business it would invoke the same level of emotional excitement that his growing operation creates?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if Bratcher had been occupying a bar that had lost it's license, and shot the man through the door of the now "illegal" business it would invoke the same level of emotional excitement that his growing operation creates?

I doubt it.

I don't know if the law will see it this way or not, but for me, expired pot license is incidental to what happened. I want to know if there was any communication back and forth. If outside guy goes Unforgiven and says he's coming in to kill everything he sees, that moves the bar toward a shoot-through-the door pass. I still don't think it would be a good decision, but I would factor it in.

But again, it's all conjecture for me at this point.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it.

I don't know if the law will see it this way or not, but for me, expired pot license is incidental to what happened. I want to know if there was any communication back and forth. If outside guy goes Unforgiven and says he's coming in to kill everything he sees, that moves the bar toward a shoot-through-the door pass. I still don't think it would be a good decision, but I would factor it in.

But again, it's all conjecture for me at this point.

Yep, my sticking point isn't the pot, it's the "through the door". Really hard to justify that, without more evidence.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I didn’t state that. You are misquoting me. Either you made a mistake and will not man up to it or have issues comprehending my post as well as your own post. Try unpacking that.

So breaking the law with an illegal felony grow operation does not matter? Well, that just begs the question of what other laws, “CONSTITUTIONAL COWBOY” do not matter? Just the ones you disagree with?

Yes, the irony in your screen name has not gone unnoticed.

As far as I can tell” says it all. You can’t tell.

Why the state didn’t chop or seize the current crop is likely due to the illegal pot farm that was discovered were most certainly new crops since his licensed expired in 2019.

Back to square one. Bratcher had an illegal grow operation. While committing a felony with his illegal grow operation and while in no danger to himself, Bratcher shot through a door and killed another man.

Maybe had Bratcher obeyed the law and upgraded his security to secure a legal license to grow dope ... or even better yet ... not had an illegal pot farm ... he would not be in County and you wouldn’t have to make excuses for his illegal (as in criminal) behavior? Oh .. and the other dude may well still be alive and possibly on his way to meet Chuck Darwin on another day?

I think we have a misunderstanding involving two separate sentence structure/syntax interpretations here. You stated that he did not start with an illegal operation. I agreed. I concurred. You did not state that it started out as an illegal operation. I simply repeated that he did not start with an illegal operation as you stated that it was not an illegal operation at the start. Got it? Good.

All the rest is just my opinion formed by my analysis of the circumstances, the available information, bereft of any personal bias, and the fact that the state was aware of the grow operation and did nothing to secure it.

My personal bias against criminals would relish a cleansing of the gene pool - one down one to go - but Brachter will get to stand trial before he faces any comeuppance, and neither you nor I can know what that might be. What he is charged with at this point in time is not a statement of guilt and he is therefore innocent until a trial proves he is guilty as charged. For now, he is entitled to the benefit of any doubt.

Oh, and I'm not the Constitutional Cowboy. I am the ConstitutionCowboy. I only ride herd for the Constitutions - federal and state. You know, stuff like the RKBA shall not be infringed, etc. I'm not the "StatuteCowboy."

Woody

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we have a misunderstanding involving two separate sentence structure .. Woody

Agreed. I see that my issue is with your grammar not your integrity or that you are rationalizing criminal behavior.

did nothing to secure it.

Once it was known he had an illegal grow operation, it was shut down. Do you have "opinion formed by analysis of the circumstances, the available information, bereft of any personal bias" that says that OBN or LEOs knew because of his failed license attempt? Or are you saying they should have known (or assumed) he was illegally growing dope?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Once it was known he had an illegal grow operation, it was shut down. Do you have "opinion formed by analysis of the circumstances, the available information, bereft of any personal bias" that says that OBN or LEOs knew because of his failed license attempt? Or are you saying they should have known (or assumed) he was illegally growing dope?

I guess all I am saying is the state should have put a lock on the door and monitored the place once in a while until he secured his license.

Woody

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At time the guy was jostling the door knob, why not call 911. Especially since this was allegedly the second time. The grow operation not having a license is administrative, at least it should be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom