Las Vegas Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then when you had climbed to the 32nd floor in the stairwell found the door screwed shut forcing you to make use of the pry bar you carried up 32 floors.

...or realize you left the pry bar AND explosive breaching crap in the truck and you have to jump all the way back down and up again.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which begs an interesting question -- does it take longer to run up 32 flights of stairs or wait and take the elevator?? I'm sure if you are WAITING on an elevator it feels like for ever, but realistically I wonder if it is faster to wait. Plus, you won't be completely winded by the time you get where you are going.

I think it has more to do with an entire team being sitting ducks in a cage when the elevator doors open. As well as how easy it would be to booby-trap an elevator, probably. Stairwells, too, but I would think that you'd have more of a chance to see those traps and bypass them...

Although you could take the cart up to 2-3 floors below (or above) the incident and then make your way via the stairwell. Or so I would imagine. I'm not an expert on tactics by any means.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no tactical expert either.
I assumed it was because a well trained terrorist plot might include plans to disable the elevator trapping the SWAT team inside.

ETA....Fire crews don't use tthe elevator because the fire might disable the elevator on the trip up.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I assumed it was because a well trained terrorist plot might include plans to disable the elevator trapping the SWAT team inside.
giphy.gif

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would take me all day to climb 32 floors.

On 911 some of the first responders climbed 80 or more flights.
Some of them took the fast ride down tho.

No kidding. I go the the nearest parking garage 3-4 times a week to walk the stairs and still yet, by the time I complete the first 5 floors I’m needing oxygen and a beer.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ETA....Fire crews don't use tthe elevator because the fire might disable the elevator on the trip up.

Me, neither, but I can damned sure play one while I'm sitting in the dentist's chair hopped up on nitrous waiting on the novacaine to take effect.:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom