Laser Training Cartridges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you thumb cock the hammer, won’t you have to roll the cylinder all the way around to get the chamber with the laser cartridge back under the hammer? [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]
Or if you have a hammer on a semi-auto, I suppose you could thumb cock it. Either way it still requires manual manipulation and is not the same as firing live rounds. Only the first round allows you to “practice as normal”.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Since he said he did not like having to "rack the slide", I assumed he wasn't using a revolver

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased an iTarget laser insert and target about a year ago. OK system. Worked on reaction to buzzer for drawing. Phone app does a good job of monitoring times. Practice about a month or so and cut drawing reaction time in half and accurate hits to target much tighter. Racked slide on G22 with 9mm conversion barrel over 1k times. A NextLevel SIRT Glock laser trainer came up on Armslist about 6 months ago and I purchased it at half list price. I have now pulled the trigger 10k plus times. Trigger not exactly the same as real Glock but pretty close. Auto reset on SIRT trigger so no racking slide. I can now put the laser within a chest size square 75 yards away on the wall of a building about 90% of the time. Laser stays on for as long as the trigger is pulled. Concentrate on seeing a dot, not squiggly line of the laser. I'm not sure a case of 9mm would have given me as much feedback. I have shoot 500 plus rounds of 22LR, 9mm, 10mm and 40 over this time and have seen a tremendous improvement in accuracy and reduction in accurate double tap times. A few years from now I figure I will sell the SIRT and maybe get half my investment back. I use the iTarget laser insert in my EDC G43 a couple of times a month. SIRT has adjustable sights to align laser. iTarget insert at 7 yards is within a couple of inches of sights. Adult daughter using SIRT as well as 22, great training system. NextLevel has added several other frames to their line.
Also using Ruger break barrel pellet gun with scope at 8 yards within garage. Easy to get in 50 to 60 shoots. In a couple of weeks, offhand groups are less than half of when I started. $100 for used gun and $10 in pellets. Lots of ways to practice on the cheap.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one off amazon my wife bought me for Christmas. Awesome tool but there are obvious downfalls. For iron sight work it works great, some of my pistols have red dots on them. That’s where it starts to get kinda odd. My rmr is sighted in at 15 yards. When I shoot that laser out of my gun it’s always above where my dots setup for point of impact. Not a huge annoyance but it’s there

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one off amazon my wife bought me for Christmas. Awesome tool but there are obvious downfalls. For iron sight work it works great, some of my pistols have red dots on them. That’s where it starts to get kinda odd. My rmr is sighted in at 15 yards. When I shoot that laser out of my gun it’s always above where my dots setup for point of impact. Not a huge annoyance but it’s there

I've gotten to where I don't use the target and just practice shooting the electric sockets or other things around the house with it. Still good practice and can see the laser hit

Latest posts

Top Bottom