Last Advanced Combat Pistol Level I of the year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've scheduled another AP I in Sept due to the Oct. class filling up so fast. Just wanted to let everybody know that TDSA's last ACP I is Sept. 12th and 13th. We're going to run a special on this class so everybody can receive 20% off. That makes the tuition $320 rather than $400! We've also been giving all of our students a FREE shirt or hat when they attend so that's another $20 gift right there. We want everybody who takes our classes to walk away with the ability to show off the fact that they got the best training around! People have been telling us how folks walk right up to them and ask them about TDSA when they wear their t-shirts so we figured why not take advantage of free advertising from people that rave about the class anyway!

One more time: Sept 12-13th Advanced Combat Pistol Level I is $320.00. You will have to pay the full amount up front on this one though. No $100 deposits anymore. We're working on getting the website changed over too by the way. Hope to see you there.

Thanks for a great year!
We still have an AP II, a shogun school and a 3-Gun course to take if that's what you are looking for. Stay safe.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for a class to fill up? I'm very interested, but should probably wait a payday. :D

Also, does CLEET accreditation have any benefits for someone who is not LE? This is more curiosity. I'm going active duty military again after I finish my degree, but certainly have not ruled out LE at some point.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The class has a few spots left in it. As far as CLEET hours go it only effects the LEO's. Civilians and Military personnel cannot benefit from CLEET hours. It does, however, have a lot of merit in court if you were ever involved in a shooting. This certificate is worth a lot more than just a piece of paper. It symbolizes the fact that you have received training and some of the best training available on top of that. Should you ever find yourself in a situation where you are the defendant in a case your attorney would have a lot of leverage to be able to stand up for you. Consider the flipside to that coin: You find yourself in a situation where you had to shoot somebody and all you have done is gotten your concealed carry permit. Any good lawyer is going to rip you apart if you think that class is capable of training you and teaching you what you can and can't do legally, morally and ethically. Some training is better than none!

Since I ran the special 6 people have signed up for the class. It's going to fill up fast. Use a credit card or something but don't let this pass you by. It's the last AP I we're offering this year. The next one won't be till March probably.

yeller

Marksman
Reaction score
I encourage everyone that does not want to be a victim to take both the AP-1 and Advanced Concealed Carry. This is training that will potentially save your life, and or the life of your loved ones. The price they charge is a bargain, I don't care if you have to sell plasma, visit the sperm bank, what ever you have to do, its worth it!

I also can not imagine more passionate, down to earth team of guys to take training from.

okdzb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm 45, average condition at best. Previous formal training....um...zero. Well, had a concealed carry permit class about 10 years ago. Everybody says you should get any and all training you can but I don't want in over my head. Is this the class for me or should I look for an old lazy farts class somewhere?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I'm 45, average condition at best. Previous formal training....um...zero. Well, had a concealed carry permit class about 10 years ago. Everybody says you should get any and all training you can but I don't want in over my head. Is this the class for me or should I look for an old lazy farts class somewhere?

okdzb,
this class will be fine, and perfect for you. Ive seen shooters of similar skill level get a lot out of AP-1. If Im lying, you can slap me; as Ill be there too!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do it! I'm 48, average (at best) condition and, like you, took my ccw class in 1999. The TDSA ACP1 class is worth every penny. Especially at the discount rate!

I took it this past June (hotter than H-E-L-L!!! the first day) and had a great time. I'm a more confident shooter now and will probably take the class again in 2010 to polish my skills.

Do it. You won't regret it.

okdzb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so...
If I read right - 1500 rounds!?. Not sure a month is enough time to come up with that much! Which brings me to the next question. What should I consider when picking a gun to use? Recommendations?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1000 will suffice, 1500 if you have lots of pistol mags and can reload them quickly.

Shoot a gun you will be using or are using.

If you are looking at this as an opportune time to get acquainted with a new pistol; I cant think of a better fit than either a Glock 17 or 19, or a fullsize M&P 9. They are comfy to shoot, reliable, and ammo cost is relatively cheap.

A little scrounging around local walmarts can get you sufficient 9mm ammo at a good price.

okdzb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Berretta 96D that would probably work it sounds like. Glocks haven't really grabbed me yet but I did fall in love with the M&P .40 I rented a while back. The 'comfy' part of the 9 sounds really good to. I'll have to think on that a while. It'll probably be tough enough to get the spousal unit warmed up to the tuition and ammo.

Do you have any thoughts on a reasonably priced functional holster setup?

I really appreciate the suggestions btw!

Latest posts

Top Bottom