Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was blessed to spend 5 hours shooting with two of my best friends from high school and my brother last weekend. My buddy from Georgia got a short video of my first shots out of my brother's Tanfo Gold Team. I wish that I would have thought to take more photos and videos since we only are able to get together every couple years.

t3exIaph.mp4

Good times!

Shot the Taccom 9mm PCC today. Let a couple of shooting buddies run some rounds out of it as well.
First USPSA match with it in the morning. Should get another 250 rounds or so then. I'll take pics.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went early this morning and ran 100 rounds of 45 ACP through my Springfield Armory 1911 at the 25 yd. gongs......I was hitting the 8" & 6" gongs pretty consistently this morning and left feeling pretty good about myself.

SA 1911.png

I'm going to try and get in another couple of shooting sessions this week prior to Friday because it may be awhile till I'm able to drop the hammer again.

This coming Friday morning I start doing the pre cataract surgery eye drops multiple times a day for the surgery early Monday morning which means my current prescription glasses are going to be 'off' in one eye after the surgery till I have the other eye done on July 6th and then both eyes will be 'off' for my current glasses till they both heal up to the point I can have a new eye exam done and get new glasses made.......with no range time for awhile I'm probably going to be hell to live with for the next several weeks. :)

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the match this morning.

View attachment 165381

View attachment 165382

This rat snake crawled onto the range while we were shooting. Buddy picked it up and relocated it to safe territory.

View attachment 165383

Glad to see there was a "man" around who wasn't afraid of the 8 oz creature with no legs or weapons..
I shot a dog this morning before making it to the bathroom, sob killed the wife's iddy biddy silkie which she had in her lap last night feeding it a little mac and cheese..

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went early this morning and ran 100 rounds of 45 ACP through my Springfield Armory 1911 at the 25 yd. gongs......I was hitting the 8" & 6" gongs pretty consistently this morning and left feeling pretty good about myself.

View attachment 165575

I'm going to try and get in another couple of shooting sessions this week prior to Friday because it may be awhile till I'm able to drop the hammer again.

This coming Friday morning I start doing the pre cataract surgery eye drops multiple times a day for the surgery early Monday morning which means my current prescription glasses are going to be 'off' in one eye after the surgery till I have the other eye done on July 6th and then both eyes will be 'off' for my current glasses till they both heal up to the point I can have a new eye exam done and get new glasses made.......with no range time for awhile I'm probably going to be hell to live with for the next several weeks. :)

I’ve got the same pistol and love shooting it. Although, mine was worked-over and enhanced by Accurate Iron. Too bad Mike is now longer doing this type of work (from what I hear).

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 165575

That's a beautiful gun!

This morning. Grumpy and I need to do this more often.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 165575

I can't speak for your situation, but cataract surgery for me was a great blessing. I was near-sighted for decades, starting out as a kid, and when I went for my surgery, my vision was 20/400. Meaning what others could see at 400 feet, I could see at 20 feet. You may be surprised at the results.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak for your situation, but cataract surgery for me was a great blessing. I was near-sighted for decades, starting out as a kid, and when I went for my surgery, my vision was 20/400. Meaning what others could see at 400 feet, I could see at 20 feet. You may be surprised at the results.

I agree. My experience has been the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom