Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was out at Lexington on the 28th. A few rounds from our AR's and a bunch of 22lr. Pistol ammo will have to come down a bunch before I can get any more practice in.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hadn't touched off a round in a tad over four months till this morning......took my 1911 S & W 'E' Series 45 ACP to the range and put 100 rounds of my ammo downrange at the 25 yd. gongs.

Apparently shooting, at least for me, isn't like riding a bicycle in that once you learn how to ride a bike or shoot a handgun you never forget.....after not shooting for over four months out of my first ten rounds probably 1/2 of them went in the berm but then I finally settled down and commenced to tear up the 8" and 6" gongs from there on out.

Nobody on the range this morning but me and it felt really good to shoot again.

S & W 1911 E Series.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was able to put the first 300 rounds through a recently purchased Staccato P DPO today. Pistol ran everything from 115 gr to 147 gr including JHP's and 130 PF loads. A Leupold mounting kit should be here from Dawson Precision on Monday and I'll add a Delta Point Pro afterwards. Will also be sending off the grip to Extreme Shooters for a DVC / Dragonscale stipple job.

20210327_154732.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hadn't touched off a round since March 10th but now that warmer morning temps. are here I'll be going a lot more often.

I went yesterday morning and this morning and ran 75 rounds each day of my 125gr JHP .357 Mag ammo through my 4" Ruger GP-100 at the 25 yd. gongs.......had the range all to myself and had a good time.

Ruger GP-100.jpg

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the GP100 but i have very little 38 ammo.I did shot my sig P365XL today for 100 rounds.I hate that i am more accurate with my 300 dollar shield than i am with my 600 dollar sig.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn't touched off a round in a tad over four months till this morning......took my 1911 S & W 'E' Series 45 ACP to the range and put 100 rounds of my ammo downrange at the 25 yd. gongs.

Apparently shooting, at least for me, isn't like riding a bicycle in that once you learn how to ride a bike or shoot a handgun you never forget.....after not shooting for over four months out of my first ten rounds probably 1/2 of them went in the berm but then I finally settled down and commenced to tear up the 8" and 6" gongs from there on out.

Nobody on the range this morning but me and it felt really good to shoot again.

View attachment 196753

You know, as I round 40, it's been my experience that you truly never forget how to ride a bicycle... but you sure do lose the ability to do so with any kind of confidence or skill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom