Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today. I served an eviction notice to some beavers that took up residence in one of our ponds. They built a lodge, plugged up drain pipe and were causing water to go over the dam. 2lbs of tannerite placed with a large rock on top took care of the problem.View attachment 203486
Where did the rock land... :D

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20210502_153045.jpg
At Wilshire gun this morning I emptied some store bought brass 7.62x39. And found me a starting point for the 450 bushmaster.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went this morning and fired the other 50 rounds out of the 100 round box through the GP-100......for some reason I wasn't hitting the 6" gong all that well this morning but I tore up the 8" gong.

Oh, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the non-reloader that walked away and left what appear to be 192 pcs. of once fired 45 ACP brass on the ground......Thank You !

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any idea on weight of the rock?

I have a friend with a similar problem, and they're not exactly sure what to do. They don't want to just injure the critters.

Thanks. :drunk2:

It was probably 20lbs or better. You can also direct the blast by wrapping many layers of duct or gorilla tape around the entire container and then take a knife or razor blade and cut a small square of the tape only from the bottom or side. It creates a weak spot and the force of the explosion will travel that direction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was probably 20lbs or better. You can also direct the blast by wrapping many layers of duct or gorilla tape around the entire container and then take a knife or razor blade and cut a small square of the tape only from the bottom or side. It creates a weak spot and the force of the explosion will travel that direction
Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lately I've been enjoying shooting my Ruger GP-100 but felt like that I'd been neglecting my 1911's so this morning I grabbed my Ruger SR1911 and headed to the range to see if I could wear out the 25 yd. gongs.......don't know what it is but there's just something about that SR1911, it always seems to make me look like I can shoot better than I actually do.

Even though I took 100 rounds of my 230 gr. hardball ammo in order to conserve ammo / components I promised myself that I'd only fire 50 rounds but the SR1911 was shooting like a laser this morning and I just couldn't make myself stop shooting till I'd exhausted all 100 rounds. :)

I had a good time and also came away with 51 more pieces of brass than I arrived with.......I really love them folks that don't reload.

P.S.......@Mad Professor I painted the three gongs I was firing at for you right before I left......you owe me one. :)

Ruger SR1911.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom