Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had plans to take a work friend, who is new to firearms, out for a little shooting on Saturday. We meant to go early, but of course for different reasons that didn’t happen. By the time we were ready to go, his wife and older daughter had somewhere to be so he was stuck with is younger daughter. I think she is 11. Anyway I didn’t want that to stop us so we just brought her along.

She was nervous at first, but instantly loved shooting my 10/22 from a table. She then shot my crappy, but fun Phoenix arms hp22, my kimber micro .380, my Glock 17, and her dads AR off the table.

She had no problem making groups with the 10/22 with very little coaching, beside the safety basics. Her first mag out of the .22 pistol was all over the place, but I told her one time to squeeze the trigger not to pull it, and made her do a few dry fires, and she was making jagged holes! Granted we were standing pretty close, but still a viable self defense distance. She amazed me with how well she handled the G17.

She really impressed me, and is a natural shooter in my opinion. She also follows directions better than many adults. My favorite part about the whole day was how she ALWAYS gives back an empty gun! Haha! From what I hear she will probably be getting a 10/22 or a Winchester wildcat for her upcoming birthday!

It was a great day!

So, I have to wonder just how much credit her dad gets with her being taken to shoot. Secondly, I wonder if the older daughter will feel jealous after hearing of the 11-year-old's experiences.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I have to wonder just how much credit her dad gets with her being taken to shoot. Secondly, I wonder if the older daughter will feel jealous after hearing of the 11-year-old's experiences.
I’m sure she’s been pretty happy with dear ol dad! I guess it’s all she’s been talking about since then. Mom was cool with it too! The older sister is about 14 and couldn’t care less, so it all worked out great!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My granddaughter took to my S&W M&P .22 Compact like she was born with it in her hand! I think she was like 11 the first time I took her shooting. She can handle the larger Glocks and the recoil-plusness of my little .380 ACP PPKs alright, but her favorite, and this is how she put it: " I like the .22 Compact best because I can get the sights lined up on the target faster with it".

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had plans to take a work friend, who is new to firearms, out for a little shooting on Saturday. We meant to go early, but of course for different reasons that didn’t happen. By the time we were ready to go, his wife and older daughter had somewhere to be so he was stuck with is younger daughter. I think she is 11. Anyway I didn’t want that to stop us so we just brought her along.

She was nervous at first, but instantly loved shooting my 10/22 from a table. She then shot my crappy, but fun Phoenix arms hp22, my kimber micro .380, my Glock 17, and her dads AR off the table.

She had no problem making groups with the 10/22 with very little coaching, beside the safety basics. Her first mag out of the .22 pistol was all over the place, but I told her one time to squeeze the trigger not to pull it, and made her do a few dry fires, and she was making jagged holes! Granted we were standing pretty close, but still a viable self defense distance. She amazed me with how well she handled the G17.

She really impressed me, and is a natural shooter in my opinion. She also follows directions better than many adults. My favorite part about the whole day was how she ALWAYS gives back an empty gun! Haha! From what I hear she will probably be getting a 10/22 or a Winchester wildcat for her upcoming birthday!

It was a great day!

Good for all involved. We need more of this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My granddaughter took to my S&W M&P .22 Compact like she was born with it in her hand! I think she was like 11 the first time I took her shooting. She can handle the larger Glocks and the recoil-plusness of my little .380 ACP PPKs alright, but her favorite, and this is how she put it: " I like the .22 Compact best because I can get the sights lined up on the target faster with it".
Good for all involved. We need more of this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree this is the sort of thing we need more of. On this site and just in the world! I know all the political stuff needs to be discussed, but good things involving actual shooting is why I get on OSA!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range again early this morning a ran another 50 rounds of 230 gr. 45ACP ball through my SA Mil-Spec at the 25 yd. gongs.......wasn't hitting the 6" gong all that well this morning but was hammering the 8 incher consistently.

Saw a doe and a fawn still with faint spots casually cross in front of me on the gravel road heading in........so I got to see a couple of deer up close, got to fling some lead downrange and came away with 71 more pieces of 45ACP brass than I showed up with so all in all it was a good morning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom