Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night. Kinda like a run and gun in the dark.
View attachment 213765
1) as soon as I get my OK hunting liscense, I'm really excited to go wild hog hunting. What do you use to drop them?
2) are they worth making bacon and pork chops out of? Is there a processor that does it cheap?
Forgive the ignorance, just became an Okie and learning all the new Cool ****.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran fifty rounds of 45 ACP through my Ruger SR1911 at the 25 yd. gongs this morning...........don't know what it was maybe the moon and stars are just in perfect alignment but I was shooting pretty darn good for a old phart. :)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) as soon as I get my OK hunting liscense, I'm really excited to go wild hog hunting. What do you use to drop them?
2) are they worth making bacon and pork chops out of? Is there a processor that does it cheap?
Forgive the ignorance, just became an Okie and learning all the new Cool ****.
I mostly use AR 15s chambered in 6.8 SPC and 5.56.
I often see people saying gotta have a big bore rifle because pigs are so tough. Not true, they are just inexperienced and/or bad shots.

AFAIK Processors that butcher livestock won't process a wild pig because of the requirement it has to come in alive. Many processors will stop domestic livestock butchering for part of deer season to allow proper sanitization before resuming domestic animals.

Some people make sausage from wild pig, but I don't know if they have enough pork belly to make good bacon. I personally have only had smoked tenderloins and pulled pork from smoked pork butts and shoulders.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Put a couple of hundred rounds through my Glock 44 today. Using some pretty unreliable (but very cheap) Federal Automatch ammo. Seemed to run better today and only had 3 or 4 mags that had any stovepipes or fail to eject/feed issues, and it's really not a big deal when it does.

Working on shooting at 15 yards quite a bit these days, keeping rounds within a 4 inch diameter circle on the target and that's much better than I used to do. Shot a few at 25 yards and those are not that good, but I'll keep working on it.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished off the long lake weekend with some turtle shooting...12 shots with my "Baby M110" 5.56 AR, killed 9 turtles, 1 maybe, 2 misses. Hopefully the survivors learn their lesson and leave my fish alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom