Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Oklahomabassin, what kind of velocity do you get from. 6.8 pistol with what bullet? Barrel length? I'm a big 6.8 fan, but never played with a short one.
I let a friend borrow my magnetospeed. I will try to get velocity of a couple rounds when I get it back. It is a 12.5" mower axle. (ARP customers should understand that). I sighted it in with Hornady 120 grain SST because I have several boxes. I plan on loading some 105 grain Cavity Back Bullets over some AA2200 soon for it.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also put 20 rounds through a H&R 357Mag single shot rifle. Thing is a hoot to shoot. I can keep 3 round in a 3" circle at 100 yds.
358156 cast bullet, 15.4gr H110. That gives me 1350 fps in a 6.5" Blackhawk, but I've not yet chronod the rifle.

I kept 9 rounds unfired, I'll try to chrono it this weekend.
Yeah, I'm quoting myself.

Finally got around to shooting those 9 rounds through a chrony. H&R 357 Carbine.

Avg 1766 fps, 15' from the muzzle. Es 59 fps, SD 15.8 fps. I realize it's only 9 rounds, but there it is.

Very easy shooting, and it cleaned up with 1 wet and 2 dry patches. No leading, and I used only tumble lube. 3 very light coats, but tumble lube only.

Most manuals show that 15.4 gr load to be well under max. I was going to try for more, but better thinking prevailed.

I cannot imagine anything I shoot with 160 gr lead at 1766 fps walking away. At least, it won't walk far.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10rds at 800yds with my Socom, was way too windy to get any good groups but did my best dialing in a cheapo scope. The 2 flyers I’ll blame on the bipod slipping on my freshly waxed hood
07977E31-138A-4098-8401-DB585C5A592F.jpeg

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a sporting clays shoot last Thursday was pretty rusty but managed to make a comeback after two stations and placed 2nd out of 40 shooters. Still didn’t average where I used to, and I need to get out and practice more.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wooohooo. Finally broke my 2 year abstinence from shooting today. A friend of mine from high school has land out in Asher and at our 30 year high school reunion last weekend, he agreed to let me shoot there. Turns out it was only about a mile from where my grandparents lived when I was a wee pre-teen.

Got to finally blow through a few hundred rounds of ammo this morning.

Now I just need the economy to straighten itself up so I can afford to buy ammo and gas to go out there. 😁 😁

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran 100 rounds through one of my 45ACP 1911's yesterday morning and I sent 50 rounds of .44 Mag downrange through my 7.5" Redhawk this morning........we've got things penciled in on the calendar for Wed., Thurs. and Friday mornings so I guess I'm done shooting for the week. :(

Ruger Redhawk 7.5.jpg

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we all share the passion for shooting and junk, but I'm curious how often you actually get to send it.

Full disclosure, New Years Day for me.
Not nearly as often as I would like to, for sure. Last was August 27th, and I'm hoping to get to do some shooting tomorrow, but I need to go load some ammo if I want that to happen... By y'all, got more important things to do right now! ;) Time before last was just as the Covid-19 scare was getting started.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom