Last time your child made you proud.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am the very proud father of three wonderful girls. I am proud of them all the time, however sometimes they do stuff that can bring a tear to my eye. Today my oldest (12) did a couple things that really got me going. First this weekend we were working at my mom's gas station helping out. Every person that walked through the door that was wearing a veterans hat she greeted them and thanked them for their service. It's not uncommon for her to do that on occasion, but for her to do that for everybody and without being prodded or asked to do so was phenomenal. Then on our way home we swung by Dunham's sports in Muskogee where she walked up to me with a metal sign and asked if she could have it. There was not a way I could say no, and she is hanging it in her room as I'm typing.

IMG_20210531_145858.jpg

So proud parents, I ask you, what was the last time your child did something that made you want to brag about them?

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just drove home from some friends house about 45 minutes away. Thought about how proud I am of my kids the whole time. My son is 28, married a beautiful girl and they informed us that we’ll be grandparents in January. My daughter is 25 and a dedicated hard worker. She’s prospered through this whole pandemic thing and will pull almost 6 figures this year.
Both are very smart and really good people. I never tracked our kids phones, never helicoptered over them, and let them learn from their own mistakes.
Even if you know they can fall out of that tree and break their arm, you gotta let them climb that tree.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As said above daily. Specifically? With their honesty, 4.0 or higher GPA, shooting trap, on the basketball court, on the football field, on the track, at the pole vault pit, at the shot put circle, their work ethic, and with the friends they've chosen in life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom