Law Tactical folder vs folding lower "SOLVED"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

America2A

IG @America2A
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*scroll down for length comparison*

Does anyone have a side by side comparison as far as length.. folded and in the firing position? I'm guessing a built in folding AR lower would be shorter than adding a Law tactical folder, but not sure by how much.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only used the Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter. It works fine. Between using it and a Dolos take-down kit it makes for a pretty compact rifle.

America2A

IG @America2A
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, figured the best way to find out was to just buy one. Luckily, H&H has the IFLR for 200 right now (Jan 2021).. and it looks to be about 1 centimeter shorter.

America2A

IG @America2A
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those wanting to know, here's a side by side comparison.

Attachments

• 20220102_165734-02.jpeg
    20220102_165734-02.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 122

America2A

IG @America2A
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not Canadian, but if both buffer tubes are of the same spec it’s more than a cm. I think...
Look at where the folding mechanism actually ends - it's about the width of a finger (where the centimeter comparison came from).Also notice the parts where the buffer tube attaches - the 17design is "thicker" right there so more threads are covered making that buffer tube shorter.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to make an accurate judgment off of a picture can sometimes be a crap shoot. Now that you have it in hand, what are your thoughts ?

I really like the way Bobby V thinks. I’m still waiting for a 40 gigawatt plasma laser the size of a Zippo.

America2A

IG @America2A
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to make an accurate judgment off of a picture can sometimes be a crap shoot. Now that you have it in hand, what are your thoughts ?

I really like the way Bobby V thinks. I’m still waiting for a 40 gigawatt plasma laser the size of a Zippo.
If eye relief is important I'd go with the IFLR just because it gives you more range of length. If eye relief doesn't matter, either or would be sufficient. However, the Law Tactical has more retention in the folded position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom