Lawn Equipment Maintenance Part Two!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped and talked with 4 different lawn care guys who run differing lawn equipment brands. The one with the Hustlers stated same as you guys and my situation, the Hustlers as well as other Mfg’s blade speed is fast and nothing but clean em every so often.

The main thing I gleaned from them was what Blades they use. 3 out of the 4 said High Lift Reaper, which is mfg in the USA.

So I ordered 2-sets. Going to see how they do. I will say they came SHARP! Sharper than the ones Hustler sells and slightly heavier.

I also picked up a deck washing kit as was suggested in the other thread, hope it helps.

CE97482A-34B0-4D63-A189-090E1E0AF40F.jpeg4AB2683E-49B2-48A8-8AEC-522CCF0F5B18.jpeg

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a set of these a while back off Amazon. I chose them because of being made in the USA. They look like great blades compared to others I’ve used. Time will tell.

IMG_7290.png

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped and talked with 4 different lawn care guys who run differing lawn equipment brands. The one with the Hustlers stated same as you guys and my situation, the Hustlers as well as other Mfg’s blade speed is fast and nothing but clean em every so often.

The main thing I gleaned from them was what Blades they use. 3 out of the 4 said High Lift Reaper, which is mfg in the USA.

So I ordered 2-sets. Going to see how they do. I will say they came SHARP! Sharper than the ones Hustler sells and slightly heavier.

I also picked up a deck washing kit as was suggested in the other thread, hope it helps.

View attachment 371148View attachment 371149
How are these blades performing?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are these blades performing?

So far great. And I have mowed 2.5 acres of some rough **** with them now twice. I got a piece of wire in the deck so cleaned it good and looked the blades over, and still no nicks or anything. They have guessing 6 hours on them now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought about taking your blades into a welder to get hard-surfaced then precision ground?
We did that once. If you mow in an area with gravel like our 3/10 mile driveway, the gravel will strip the hard facing off the blade. It was applied by a guy that had been hard facing oil field drill bits for 30 years.
What I've found in our sandy and gravel mowing is the Fusion blades. They have a carbide surface electroplated to the blades. Standard blades last us one year before the back of the blade is completely washed away by erosion from the sand.
The fusion blades last two seasons.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We did that once. If you mow in an area with gravel like our 3/10 mile driveway, the gravel will strip the hard facing off the blade. It was applied by a guy that had been hard facing oil field drill bits for 30 years.
What I've found in our sandy and gravel mowing is the Fusion blades. They have a carbide surface electroplated to the blades. Standard blades last us one year before the back of the blade is completely washed away by erosion from the sand.
The fusion blades last two seasons.

There’s your problem. He should have welded it on there. Not applied it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom