Lawn & Garden Power Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last spring I went crazy with Dewalt. Ended up with hedge trimmer, blower, chain saw and weed eater. I will never go back to a gas anything. The new batteries are not anything like the old nicads.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Lynx brand battery powered pole saw from Harbor Freight. It came with 1 battery and a 1 hour fast charger. It will easily handle work for 4 hours without charge with 1 person cutting and 1 person dragging brush off. Put it on charger at lunch break whether it needs it or not. Work the afternoon away.

I have cut several limbs off in the 6-8" diameter range and even cut the limbs up in easier to move size pieces once on the ground without swapping saws. Only complaint I have is, it doesn't have the reach that a gas powered pole saw has. It is several hundred dollars less, so that outweighs the height handicap. I believe I can reach about 15' feet with the saw (with angle to prevent bar pinch). It is really light so that my father in his 70s uses it some as well.

If you don’t mind saying, what was the price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my experience if your dont use the battery powered units very often its not worth it the batteries will get to a point they wont hold a charge and then your stuck with either replacing the batteries ( which usually cost nearly as much as what your trying to power) or replacing the entire unit itself. Batteries needs to be cycled on a regular basis to keep a charge.
I have a lot of Ryobi 18 v tools and about 8 batteries. Most of my batteries are over 6 years old. If you are in the OKC area and need batteries for cordless tools, check out Advantage Battery. They carry a lot of them and their normal prices is the same or lower than the sale price at the big box store.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Kobalt 40V battery lawn mower just to do the tight places my ZTR won't get. Liked it so much I tossed my P.O.S. Homelight blower and bought the lighter battery blower that matched. 2.5 years later that single 40V battery is still running both. I can still mow the yard twice on a single charge if I don't dalley. I hate cords and am in the "batteries ain't like they used to be camp". A couple less things to put gas and oil in is a bonus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom