Lawn Mowers or Lawn Service.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were given an electric corded mower and like it. (thank you OSA) I still want to get our gas mower running for way back in the corner or when the weeds get to tall but for most things the electric does fine.

I replaced the wheels and bought a bagger frame for it and just waiting on replacement bags to be in stock. Quite enough I will be able to use it early mornings before it gets hot.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our son has a battery powered Ryobi mower that he wants to sell. I don't know his mowing circumstances, but he said that it took about 4 or 5 batteries to do his front and back yards. I don't remember what price he wanted for selling it, but I think it will include two batteries and a charger.

IMG_20220702_142803636_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220702_142813209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220702_142829475_HDR.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A battery powered electric would probably work but on a large lot like you mention a second battery would be quite helpful. If talking self propelled it'll probably be mandatory. Battery powered electrics are pricey and the cost for both mower and another battery will match or exceed a nice Honda gas mower.

I have the 40V Kobalt and love it for what I bought it for. It's pretty surprising on runtime but I have a ZTR and only use the Kobalt for the edges and inside corners I can't get with the ZTR. If the ZTR is down or it's too wet to use it, the Kobalt will do my front and back on a single 5 amp battery but I can't mess around or let it get too tall. It's also a standard push mower and my yard isn't as big as what you describe. I'd go gas in your situation.

Don't pay much attention to the voltage of the battery. Look at the amp hours. That's where run time comes from. I like the Kobalt because it's the "easy button". Just throw a battery in it and go.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife actually likes to mow, so I let her of course. :rollinglaProblem is, she can't start or restart a gas engine with a pull rope. So I bought her an 80v Kobalt push mower and she loves it. It'll manage the front and back yards unless it gets too high in between cuts. The motor speeds up under higher loads and uses more battery. We also got a blower and string trimmer that uses the same 80v system but with smaller batteries (but they still fit in the mower if needed.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom