Lawn Mowers or Lawn Service.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just moved to a house with a large back and front yard on a corner lot after living in a community where HOA lawn care was included. A friend of mine swears by his 80 volt Kobalt battery powered mower. Anyone else got something similar or should I just get a gas mower. Anyone know a “reasonable “ lawn care service to mow, trim, and edge about 3 times a month. I don’t mind mowing my own but just considering options at this point. I live off of NW 178th between Penn and Western if that matters for lawn companies.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just moved to a house with a large back and front yard on a corner lot after living in a community where HOA lawn care was included. A friend of mine swears by his 80 volt Kobalt battery powered mower. Anyone else got something similar or should I just get a gas mower. Anyone know a “reasonable “ lawn care service to mow, trim, and edge about 3 times a month. I don’t mind mowing my own but just considering options at this point. I live off of NW 178th between Penn and Western if that matters for lawn companies.
My wife uses a battery powered lawn mower and loves it. Couldn't tell you the voltage. I'm in a health position that mowing would be bad.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a large lawn, use zero turn, but have a 80v kobalt electric only to use when I can't get places cause it is too wet and zero turn cant get there. But like it when I used it.
My son used it all last year on his home lot. He loved it. My son said he would have to get the second battery when he was about done. (1/3 Acre max)

but lawn company would be easier for you maybe :-)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a lawn tractor, last year. My yard is over an acre. When I could walk distance, it takes a lot to push mow. Other house is almost an acre. Full time job to keep both mowed.

Got the tractor and grandson (10) does most of the mowing.

Had an electric, when I had less than 1/4 acre. It worked great. Didn't have to have a gas can setting around.

Looked at the electric zero-turn, last year, before getting the tractor. They couldn't find the key or charger cord.
Took that as an omen and left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom