Lawsuit against the atf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course the average citizen cannot buy the HK G3 or the Valmet M76 because both are 'select fire' firearms. ALL 'select fire' weapons have been banned from being owned by the average citizen (without extensive vetting by the government) since when, '68? Earlier?

And I wasn't talking about what the government could have, might have, almost did, tried to, talked about or any other thing that actually did not happen. So I'll stick to what I said. The Federal government has not passed, except for bump-stocks, any actual permanent (as in made law) firearm/firearm accessory/ammo ban in at least 30-years. Again, it's not the Federal government, but the State governments you need to be concerned about when it comes to your firearm and 2A 'Rights'.

Tell those living in Mass, NY, NJ, CA, WA, OR, and a half-a-dozen more States how "Relaxed" their gun laws have become over the past Quarter-Century, as you claim. I do agree though, and have said that .gov uses the individual States to achieve it's goal - they just don't do it "head-on" as I said in my comment.
Why is that an "of course?" Browning's Automatic Rifle was quite popular in the US, particularly with returning soldiers. They were available in many hardware stores. Along with Hiram Maxim's silencers. NFA 1934 started to take care of that for folks who didn't want an armed citizenry. Remember that US corporations were using machine guns on striking coal miners and others. Read about The Bonus Army, also, and later, after WWII, the Battle of Athens.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is that an "of course?" Browning's Automatic Rifle was quite popular in the US, particularly with returning soldiers. They were available in many hardware stores. Along with Hiram Maxim's silencers. NFA 1934 started to take care of that for folks who didn't want an armed citizenry. Remember that US corporations were using machine guns on striking coal miners and others. Read about The Bonus Army, also, and later, after WWII, the Battle of Athens.
The "of course not" was referring to present day, not about what was allowed 'back when'. I'm aware that returning GI's from WW II were able to bring back many weapons that are no longer allowed to be owned by the typical citizen of today

As I've said, I do not own any NFA type items and have not attempted to go through the process to own any, so no I am not as knowledgeable as those that have, so when I offer my opinion about something, it is just that, an opinion (or belief) rather than speaking from experience. Probably better on my part from now on if I just keep my mouth shut including beliefs and/or personal opinions.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "of course not" was referring to present day, not about what was allowed 'back when'. I'm aware that returning GI's from WW II were able to bring back many weapons that are no longer allowed to be owned by the typical citizen of today

As I've said, I do not own any NFA type items and have not attempted to go through the process to own any, so no I am not as knowledgeable as those that have, so when I offer my opinion about something, it is just that, an opinion (or belief) rather than speaking from experience. Probably better on my part from now on if I just keep my mouth shut including beliefs and/or personal opinions.
This is still the United States of America, for a bit longer, at least. You have the right to your opinions. You just need a few facts to support them. Not saying states aren't doing (expletive deleted) they shouldn’t, but you can leave a state like that. I left Cali in 1973 because of the way they were headed. If all the states do that crap there won't be anyplace left to go. And while the NRA was established to prevent that, they seem to have lost their way badly in the past 50 years or so. GOA, SAF, and CCRKBA, and others are mostly taking up the slack the NRA is leaving. NRA already gave away too much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s not forget the Colorado Ludlow massacre where Colorado National guardsmen set up a machine gun to spray the striking miners.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Ludlow-Massacre

Latest posts

Top Bottom