Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I missed the stuff on what was happening so that you needed surgery.

Whatever it is, hope it goes well.

Dave

Well, the Cliff Notes are I'm a stubborn dumbass. :blush: And according to the doctor he can fix it but my PT is gonna take a while and I better not be climbing any more cargo nets.

AND this is where I should probably go ahead and admit that Grumpy is a better man than me because he has not rubbed my nose in the fact that he told me I was being "unreasonable" not once. And I can freely admit that if the shoe was on the other foot -- oh, HAHA! -- I would be reminding him every 30 seconds just what a stubborn dumbass he was. :hey3:

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the Cliff Notes are I'm a stubborn dumbass. :blush: And according to the doctor he can fix it but my PT is gonna take a while and I better not be climbing any more cargo nets.

Well, reading the first part I was going to go into smart ass mode and say "so, hemorrhoid surgery?"
Then I went back and found some of the ankle posts.

Good luck with it.

I busted mine up back when I wore Green all the time. Should have been in the hospital in traction (they say now) instead of tying my boots tighter and "carrying on"!!

After my shoulder surgery, I'm a BIG believer in Physical Therapy after the surgery.
Don't scrimp there.

Good luck!!

Dave

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, reading the first part I was going to go into smart ass mode and say "so, hemorrhoid surgery?"
Then I went back and found some of the ankle posts.

Good luck with it.

I busted mine up back when I wore Green all the time. Should have been in the hospital in traction (they say now) instead of tying my boots tighter and "carrying on"!!

After my shoulder surgery, I'm a BIG believer in Physical Therapy after the surgery.
Don't scrimp there.

Good luck!!

Dave

Yep. I tore some tendons when I rolled my ankle climbing the cargo net at the Pawnee RNG 15 months ago now. Been wearing my combat boots and eating anti-inflammatories since then. Saw an orthopedic guy about 8 months after and he sent me to PT, which seemed to help some, but nothing has helped consistently and I always manage to wind up back at square one. My PCP did an x-ray and saw some "weird ****" and sent me to this ortho who sent me for a MRI. Guess I have a couple of extra bones that, now that the tendons are torn, keep cutting them. God only knows how much scar tissue is built up in there now because the steroid injection he tried didn't help at all. And JHFC! Did that thing SMART. I'm ready for him to fix it and move on. Of all the surgeries I've had this one is a walk in the park. It's the PT that's gonna suck. Cuz I'm not a petite little thing. :blush:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oops, I'm sorry. I'm a horrible messenger. Rc508 wanted me to let you guys know that his daughter really enjoyed lunch with you "old guys" Wednesday. Lol I dunno how long his time out is but I think he'll be back soon.
Thanks!!! For some reason I am not getting notifications for posts on this thread.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!!! For some reason I am not getting notifications for posts on this thread.

If your on iPhone, reboot it by pressing the big button it the bottom and the off button at the same time.
Hold them down until they the apple sign comes on, then release. It might take a bit before that apple sign shows up, so be patient. Minute or less

Latest posts

Top Bottom