Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Late getting a reply on here, but the WiFi here at the RV park sucks big-time when all the residents get back home at night. Since I wanted to post some pictures, I got up early this morning and uploaded them to my Smugmug site.

We had a good visit with both Golddigger and mightymouse at lunch yesterday. Hope to do that again sometime soon. Thanks for the visit, Guys.

After leaving McKenzie's Burger Garage, the wife and I drove up to Highway 49 and took it out through the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. As it turned out, yesterday wasn't a good day for that because they were having an elk hunt and we pretty much had to stay on Highway 49 and not take some of the side roads to other attractions. We did get to check out the Doris Campground though.

I did get a few picture, but basically only what I could take from the road. And, with most of those, it was stop in the middle of the road and take the shot(s). This Bison shot was the one time where I stopped and actually got out to take the pictures, using my 200-500mm lens.

While it wasn't much in the way of colorful, it was still a nice drive through there. I had one sighting of a hawk that I would have liked to photograph, but we were following a pilot car in an area where they were picking up debris (limbs and trees) from the side of the road. Thus, I wasn't able to stop. I asked a few folks, but no one knew of any eagle sightings, so I didn't get that opportunity either.

We'll have to go back in the Spring when it greens up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom