Layoffs announced at Sonic headquarters in Oklahoma City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, back in the day their food was pretty good to this growing teenager but it hasn't been the same for a long time now.

I have really wondered how they keep growing and adding new locations. There must be a good profit in all those "Happy Hour" drinks they sell.
Happy hour is the only time I go in there for a limeade. I ask for easy on the ice with extra limes,( get charged more for that) and that is how it comes out. The extra limes are not squeezed, so I take the top off the cup, dig out the limes, squeeze them and and move on.
Decent limeades that way.
The best limeades in town used to be the Dixie Dog drive-in but the quality has gone down since the original owners have sold the place. I still love their burgers, but the limeades not so much.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's Brother Inlaw worked there in the corp office fairly high up doing public reporting for the company, or whatever it's called. All the people in their office have known for at least the last 12+ months if their jobs were on the chopping block. IMO, Sonic or the parent company actually took care of those that were going to be getting axed. He just left his position and got a big Christmas bonus as well as a pretty sweet severance package. Don't think there were many, if any that should be sour for getting laid off from Sonic. He is now working at Walmart Corp in Bentonville but looks like he may be heading over to BOK in Tulsa as his final landing pad.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same deal with A@W's foot long chili,onions and cheese and do NOT skimp on the mustard!! Now I either make them myself or me and my son go down town to see the grumpy man at Coney Island downtown OKC
He is a grouchy bastard. Seinfeld’s soup Nazi was prolly based in part on that guy. lol

But holy hell, he’s got great red hots.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They use to have good food...now no matter what you order ...it all taste the same. Poor quality food, toss it together without care or concern...I personally prefer Mom & Pop places.
There is a place here in Shawnee called The Brown Derby. It is a place like sonic. But it’s old school and it’s the only one. But man they have some amazing food. I wish I could still eat there. If you ever come through check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom