Layoffs starting in 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That paypal thread got me to doing a little digging. Looks like a lot of companies think 2023 will be the Joe Biden depression year. Here's a quick rundown of what I found with a little searching.

Layoffs reportedly started at Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Vimeo, Disney, Vox, Google, Fedex, Zoom, Affirm, NBC, MSNBC, Yahoo, News Corp, and Paypal,

Looks like about 250,000 - 300,000 new people will be slinging burgers this year when they're all combined.

And Disney just told their employees to get back to the office, then got hit with a petition signed by 2300 millennials that said, and I quote, "Returning to the office for work will cause long term harm" to their mental health.

Twitter employees all moved to Disney I guess. I don't care who's economy it is though, 300k workers moved from good paying jobs to the unemployment line is disastrous.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Disney just told their employees to get back to the office, then got hit with a petition signed by 2300 millennials that said, and I quote, "Returning to the office for work will cause long term harm" to their mental health.
Wonder how the unemployment line going to be on their health? :cry11:

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No sympathy from me about going back to the office. I'm an older millennial and had to go in pretty much 5 days a week the whole "pandemic". Can't remote work as a machinist or motorcycle tech.
I spent the pandemic doing 12 and 16 hour shifts in a hospital 5-7 days a week. Oh and I was salaried...

Most of these techies cheered when I lost my job for not participating in a medical experiment, I hope they starve to death.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent the pandemic doing 12 and 16 hour shifts in a hospital 5-7 days a week. Oh and I was salaried...

Most of these techies cheered when I lost my job for not participating in a medical experiment, I hope they starve to death.
I’m sorry that happened to you..
I quit StJohn/Ascension just before covid19 hit and they have adopted a similar policy.
Several of my friends continued employment there and died of complications from the virus.
It’s been a tough time..

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sorry that happened to you..
I quit StJohn/Ascension just before covid19 hit and they have adopted a similar policy.
Several of my friends continued employment there and died of complications from the virus.
It’s been a tough time..
I lost some friends as well. I think what happened is going to resonate through healthcare for a long time. Most long term staff seem to have quit, retired or been terminated for failure to comply. It was kinda nice those first few months when we were "heros," before our thunder was stolen by a career criminal who died of a fentanyl overdose while in police custody.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
""Looks like about 250,000 - 300,000 new people will be slinging burgers this year when they're all combined.""

look at all those will be counted as new jobs growth...

i think the tidy bowl man has a better chance!
And when one person has 4 gig jobs just to eat, each of those will be counted as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom