Lazy Amazon Delivery Dude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a trainee at work that did Amazon delivery via a 3rd party company. He left because the computer generated routes were 16 hours long and they were told to get them done in 8 hours. Not excusing what they do sometimes, but this will give a better context as to why. From what I heard this happens quite often with 3rd party delivery companies. The head bosses promise to delivery x amount of packages and they only employ 1/2 of what is needed to delivery x amount so force their workers to try and deliver twice the amount they can in whatever way they can.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed that Amazon drivers don't seem to be saddled with as many rules as FedEx and UPS. For example, Amazon has no problem parking the wrong way on a street or turning around in a driveway. I don't typically see the others doing that.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed that Amazon drivers don't seem to be saddled with as many rules as FedEx and UPS. For example, Amazon has no problem parking the wrong way on a street or turning around in a driveway. I don't typically see the others doing that.
I’ve seen UPS do all kinds of stuff. And FedEx turns around in my driveway all the time. But I don’t mind. It’s easier for them. Amazon never does. They run the package up to my house. I have heard how bad the Amazon drivers are treated. They are expected to do things that are ridiculous. Like stick to a generated route and if they get off the “trail” they can get it trouble because they are tracked via gps.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve seen UPS do all kinds of stuff. And FedEx turns around in my driveway all the time. But I don’t mind. It’s easier for them. Amazon never does. They run the package up to my house. I have heard how bad the Amazon drivers are treated. They are expected to do things that are ridiculous. Like stick to a generated route and if they get off the “trail” they can get it trouble because they are tracked via gps.
Yea, we have live tracking. Forward and rearward facing cameras. Everything UPS does is measured!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, we have live tracking. Forward and rearward facing cameras. Everything UPS does is measured!
My cousin has worked for the Shawnee location for about 31 years. I’ve heard how out of hand they are. Here at the gas company we have a thing called drivecam. It’s a camera inside the vehicle that is hooked to the car and monitors speed, and other things. If an event is triggered such as slamming the breaks on too hard the camera will record back about 6 seconds and then into the future 6 seconds. So if someone is doing something they shouldn’t be while driving which could be numerous things, we get what’s called a coachable event. It’s basically a write up. Too many and we get fired. But we also get rewards for going certain amounts of time. I don’t like them one bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom