LE/Military credentials req'd for online magazine purchases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I attempted to purchase a standard capacity G19 magazine from OpticsPlanet. Got an email saying I needed to produce official paperwork to show I am either an LE, military member, or other peace-keeper for the transaction to go through.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing when shopping online? Is it just OP?

Here is the link for the mag: https://www.opticsplanet.com/glock-magazine-g19-9mm-15-round.html

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't experienced it, but it says this on the page:

Government Restriction This item is available for sale to Military and Law Enforcement Agencies or Individuals, Private Security Guards, Correctional Facility Personnel, Peace Officers, and other qualified personnel. Documentation required may include an official government or employer issued identification and additional certification forms. Certain federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations may apply.

Weird...I'd definitely find another source. That's not a great price anyway.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're going to start seeing that a lot. Heavy penalties now for shipping to restricted states. Commiefornia, Illinois, New York, Etc.
So, for the online sellers to protect themselves they are going to this.
Just another way to dry up the supply.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the LEO only ammo. You go into the big gun stores like H&H and they have a shelf of ammo that you cannot buy unless you present your CLEET card, or other LEO ID.
WTF? it's nothing special. I've looked up the ballistics online and they don't use proprietary bullets, nor powder, nor brass.
In fact some are lower velocity than standard off the shelf ammo that anyone can buy.
I don't understand the big deal about the ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom