Learn native bow building!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OJAM 2022 Is Happening!​
74bdab_6eb9ec057b70477183b868bc3a3d7ff7~mv2_d_4128_2322_s_2.jpg
The Oklahoma Selfbow Society would like to invite you to the annual Oklahoma Selfbow Jamboree! The event will be on March 17-20, 2022at Lake Carl Blackwell in Stillwater, Ok. Demonstrations run from 8am-Noon and selfbow building classes run from Noon-6:00 pm Thursday through Saturday. A stave and OSS membership is required to participate in a class. Camping is available on site with tent sites for $5 a night and limited RV by camping reservervation only for more information contact Rodney Wilson (405)747-7776. Many vendors will be on site offering everything from osage staves, tools for building a bow, food trucks, leather goods, and even finished bows and arrows. If you are a vendor and are interested in a booth, contact Monty Hawkins @ (580)370-0656.​
For More Information About This Event Please Visit Our Website: OJAM | Oklahoma Selfbow Soc

Also, T-shirt and hoodies for OJAM 16 are live on the website in the shop. Merchandise will be online sale only with orders closing February 28. Merchandise pickup will be at OJAM.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted to learn how to make native bows and arrows. I used to live next to an older native gentleman in Ada. He was going to show me how to make one out of Bois D'arc/Osage. Sadly he moved away to to live with his daughter, due to health. As an adult, I am just too busy to pursuit the project. This is a sign. I am going to definitely try to make it Saturday. Maybe a little crappie fishing early AM beforehand.

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wanted to learn how to make native bows and arrows. I used to live next to an older native gentleman in Ada. He was going to show me how to make one out of Bois D'arc/Osage. Sadly he moved away to to live with his daughter, due to health. As an adult, I am just too busy to pursuit the project. This is a sign. I am going to definitely try to make it Saturday. Maybe a little crappie fishing early AM beforehand.
Let me know if you make it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom