Learn something new everyday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Saw something new today.
The roto-rooter guys came to fix some plumbing at my parents house.
They had to pull the toilet and the guy came in with a tool box, but it wasn't.
It was a small battery operated vacuum that looked like a toolbox.
He flushed the toilet, then sucked out the tank and bowl.
Now I want one! As much as I work on toilet valves and such it would be nice.
And you don't have to worry about electric shock with a regular shop vac.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, some of the people in the trades-electrician, plumber, home building are prima donnas and are easily offended if you question them or suggest that they might do things like you want. And you are paying their salary!

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve replaced a flapper in the tank but I just shut off the water inlet valve, flushed and voila! The tank, she is empty. And about nothing in the bowl.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve replaced a flapper in the tank but I just shut off the water inlet valve, flushed and voila! The tank, she is empty. And about nothing in the bowl.
New toilets aren't like that. The American Standard I installed in my master bathroom would still have somewhere around a half a gallon left in the tank because the outlet stood a few inches above the bottom of the tank. Why, I have no idea, but it'll flush a basket of golf balls (though why you'd want to flush a basket of golf balls, I also have no idea).

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 3 gal one by Ryobi and I really like it. (model # P3240) It shares batteries with my hand tools. I've used it for the aforementioned toilet repairs. It's also handy for other small jobs like cleaning up drywall dust and car interiors.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New toilets aren't like that. The American Standard I installed in my master bathroom would still have somewhere around a half a gallon left in the tank because the outlet stood a few inches above the bottom of the tank. Why, I have no idea, but it'll flush a basket of golf balls (though why you'd want to flush a basket of golf balls, I also have no idea).
My son would give it a run for its money, haha. I've never seen someone clog up so many toilets on a courtesy flush before toilet paper was even introduced. It is almost a point of pride for him at this point. :eyeroll:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the brand they have.
My son would give it a run for its money, haha. I've never seen someone clog up so many toilets on a courtesy flush before toilet paper was even introduced. It is almost a point of pride for him at this point. :eyeroll:
My son too.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, some of the people in the trades-electrician, plumber, home building are prima donnas and are easily offended if you question them or suggest that they might do things like you want. And you are paying their salary!
We call those dikz, it seems you find moar per capita drawing a government stolen paycheck.
As for me, in the trades lessons are sometimes learned painfully. Those who haven’t learned such lessons simply haven’t and I have zero interest in their (generally) uninformed advice.
My body parts value greatly exceeds anyone’s feelings. (Doubly so fer the SJW types)

Latest posts

Top Bottom