Learned Something New

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t know until yesterday that mulberry trees grew in NW Oklahoma. I was walking around my place and discovered one on the north side of the river, and it was loaded with berries. The berries were pretty bland compared to the ones I pick off the trees at my place in TX, but I still ate a bunch of them.
ED297A06-6825-4C8C-8DD1-A87664CD9EB3.jpeg

7A0122A3-D5E2-4F62-AB9E-67CC037E34C6.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, there was a bunch that weren’t ripe, but there was a bunch that were. If you know mulberries, it’s obvious the dark ones in the picture are ripe. These must be a different variety than what I have in TX, because the leaves are much small as is the fruit.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The neighbors have two large mature mulberry trees in their backyard and I hate it every year when they turn ripe and they just started.

Till they are all gone there's mulberry colored bird poop on the side of the house, garage door, sidewalk, patio, driveway, vehicles etc.......it also stains so it's pretty normal to see me walking around the house with a bucket of water and a long handle scrub brush cleaning mulberry colored bird poop off everything.

I Hate Mullberry Trees !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a mature mulberry at the end of our driveway which is 3/10 mile away so we don't get much purple splatter on vehicles. I do like to gather them for a breakfast. Put in a bowl with whole milk and some sugar sprinkled on top with diced bananas in the mix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom