Lee Auto Drum Powder Measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a Lee 4 stage Turret Press and that came with the Lee Pro Auto Disk which leaks fine ball powders. The Auto Disk is garbage. I then looked at the Lee Auto Drum Powder Measure, but I got the impression it had similar issues so I kept looking and settled on the Lyman Brass Smith Powder Measure. It's easy to set up and it doesn't leak fine ball powders which I primarily use for pistol loads. I can dial in my charge in about 5 minutes and it works perfectly. No leaks whatsoever.

For extruded powders like H4895 or H4350 they get caught in the up or down stroke when charging a case because the kernels are too big. I still hand measure my large rifle loads, but at some point I'll move to an electronic digital powder scale and measure. Just need some more space on my bench.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019622550?pid=443812https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021173639?pid=112098

I have the RCBS version of that already. I’ll admit I haven’t even tried it.. I just knew that I didn’t want that second action when charging a case, I just wanted to upstroke and be charged. Didn’t want to crank a handle.

I will get a mount for it though and probably use it for some 30/30 or something. But my precision rifle loads I have a electronic dropper I use for them.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The chain helps return the disks so they recharge. Get it too tight and the chain will break. Too loose and you will have more powder loss. Keep checking the tension every few throws as it will loosen up. You will get the hang of it. I found some NOS brass bolts and knobs at an old hardware store which were long enough to allow using two discs at once but short enough to work with only one disc. I found some used discs very cheaply. I have the adjustable disc and it is fine. I seem to prefer the discs and having extras I am better able to dial in my drop. Largest cavity at bottom works better for me for speed, top for accuracy. Having two sets of same size alleviates the question. My used were $5.00 for a full set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom