Lee breech lock press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's got one? I decapped a few hundred .308 brass tonight and it throws the old primers. I mean...I find them 10 feet away sometimes.

Out of 200 pieces of brass, 18 went down the tube where they were supposed to.

Any ideas?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crimped? I use an RCBS decapping die on military cases. Most of them come flying out, hit the primer tray, bounce, and go flying into never never land. I just put my thumb over the slot in the ram (RCBS press). Don't know if your Lee has this but it works for my setup.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's got one? I decapped a few hundred .308 brass tonight and it throws the old primers. I mean...I find them 10 feet away sometimes.

Out of 200 pieces of brass, 18 went down the tube where they were supposed to.

Any ideas?

A friend of mine had one. He said that as long that you keep the primer feed arm on, your spent primers will go down the tube. I hope that this helps you!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My Lee Turret does that, half end up on the floor, and it's not consistent in how they miss the spent primer funnel, or I would attach something to block them.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a lee breechlock, and noticed the same thing. Since I have to swedge the primer (remove the crimp) I didn't need the primer arm in the ram, I put a thin strip of oak inside the groove, such that the spent primers most fall through the hole into the tube. The other thing is the tube was too short to set the bucket on the floor, so I replaced it with a 3' piece of 1/2" clear tubing so it would reach.

Now I'm about 1k into that 3k of 7.62 Lake City Once Fired Brass I got from he who is never to be named, and now I'm kinda wishin I would have gotten a rock chucker.

regards

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahah...that's what happens when you get too excited, I guess.

It never struck me to leave the primer arms in. I guess I need to go shoot up some more .308 now and see if it helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom