Lee perfect powder measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few powder measures and used this Lee a bit and found like my Lee "Non Elastomer" disc measure it is very consistent.

One powder I have issues with is IMR4064 but only tried it in the RCBS Uniflow and a tweaked Uniflow.
Yes I have 2 of them.

I was dropping a bunch of H335 from the Lee Perfect Powder Measure (LPPM)
It was on the money every time when I checked it in the pan on my RCBC 505 beam scale.
N133 was also on the money.

Now the H335 did have a little get past the drum until I snugged it up just a tick.

I was done loading .223 and decided to make some .308 loads with IMR 4064 at 44.4 gr.
13 rounds loaded and set on the pan for confirmation with the 505 beam scale.
First pull after I got it adjusted was perfect 44.4 gr. 3 sticks of powder off on the second pull.
That is about 1 tenth off.
In the 13 I did I only had 2 that were off, one was off quite a bit like 3 gr because I hit the up stroke too fast and hard and that settled the powder more.

As long as my sweeps of the handle were consistent I got consistent weights.
Not hard to do.

I was very impressed that it would meter IMR 4064.
But I still drop it in the 505 pan and weigh it.
Does not take long to do that.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with a metal one from Hornady. Only reason was due to using W231. It would make a mess everywhere after a few hundred rounds. I'd estimate I'd loose about 10-15 grains over 500 rounds. Not a yuge amount, but I hated cleaning it up.

4064, Varget and 4350, would come out on the money 9/10 times. If it was off, it was off no more that .2 grains up or down. I don't flirt with max pressure, so I wasn't worried about an over charge at all with plinking ammo. My precision stuff, I trickled by hand just because I was shooting for itty bitty holes.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am glad you are getting good use out of Lee's powder measures! They work pretty good...or they don't; depending on the powder. I use a lot of W-748 and is spills out like water. Upgraded to a dillon powder measure and now I get 0 spillage :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom