Lee primer die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any body else having an issue with this die flipping the primer sideways or completely upside down?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and it works great. The thing is that you are priming off the top of the press on the upstroke rather than the bottom of the downstroke.

I don't know of any automatic primer feed so my guess is that you are pulling the primer portion all the way down to set a primer in. Don't.... Remove the primed case and set the primer in from the top, set a case in after pulling the handle up slightly and just drawing the primer tool down and then insert the case and seat the primer.

728999.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I was doing Night, pulling the ram down and loading primer under the die. Large fingers make loading it from the top a little like working with out my glasses lol.
But will just have to figure it out!! Thanks

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I suspect that when the primer cup is running past the die something is jarring it causing it to flip. When I run my press I actually have a flexible clip on style light with a LED bulb in it that I use for extra light so I can see any defects in the brass among other things. It works pretty well for seeing the primers too. I just make sure the prongs are against my index finger and held with my thumb on the cup. I then slide it onto the primer cup and press it into the cup. Rarely have a problem with it and then just insert a case and prime.

And I do have to say I don't have tiny hands by any means but you can hold up on the handle a little bit and slide it across the shell holder if that makes it easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom