Left eye dominant + right handed + scope = Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm right handed but blind in my right eye. I have always shot left handed. Usually impossible for me to shoot any rifle right handed.

However, I once had an AK with a PK-AS red dot that mounted straight up from the AK's side mount. So in effect, the red dot was shifted about an inch or so to the left of the center of the receiver. I could shoot that left eye'd and right or left handed.

I have wondered if I could get the same effect with an AR by using an A1/A2 carry handle with picatinny mount on top (to get the optic higher) and slightly can't the AR to line up with my left eye. FWIW.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have wondered if I could get the same effect with an AR by using an A1/A2 carry handle with picatinny mount on top (to get the optic higher) and slightly can't the AR to line up with my left eye. FWIW.

That's exactly what I did on my first AR/red dot set up. It worked pretty well, but it was heavy and made the rifle look huge, but it was effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom