Legal to carry in a church?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We discussed this and thought it best that the people designated to be concealed to conceal. They even had walkthrough drills with the deacons. No need for a full scale practice with the congregation because of lots of reasons. One, no plan will work in a panic. Two, a bunch will be unable to move and evacuating is very unlikely in an attack. The guys (and one girl) are shooters that train and are top shelf shooters. Two are LEO's and have combat experience.
That sounds all too crazy, but to me, we're doing everything we should.
Kudo's to them for being prepared. Church shootings are not unheard of.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know some of our pastors carry, and a lot of the members do too, I just never knew if it was technically legal or not, since I've been told both ways so many times! I even took my CCW class at our church!

If you attend church where I think you do, it's not a school on the weekends and evenings, as it's being used for church purposes in those very same classrooms.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Get your pastor's permission. He may know of others who are carrying. May behoove you to connect with them so you are all on the same "hymn page" (sorry, could not resist) as to who the good guys are.

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's smart what we did (they did). It was someone else's idea and I'm not going to take credit for it but I wish I could.
Regardless, it's a good plan with as much thought you could do knowing nothing will go to plan.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have designated people in one of the churches I attend that conceal carry. They are positioned at the entrances, exits and access points of the church sanctuary. No very few people know who they are for a reason.
Churches are one of the softest targets around and in a holy war, a very good battle field for our enemies.
On the lighter side, if the pastor had an AR slung around him when the offerings were taken, the new buildings would be going up quicker.

Do you go to church in a prison?

posted via Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry at church. If they ask me to leave, so will my money.

Amen to that, brother!

I know some of our pastors carry, and a lot of the members do too, I just never knew if it was technically legal or not, since I've been told both ways so many times! I even took my CCW class at our church!

I know in Arkansas it is illegal - or was when I attended one of their churches across the state line. They may have changed it since, but I don't know. Here in OK, a church is just like everywhere else. As noted above, if it is being used as a school (at the time), then it would be permissible only with a policy stating so. I'd like to broach this topic with my son's private Christian school... but I don't go to church there, and since I got tossed out last year (from the principal's office, not the church, lol) I pretty much have nothing to do with them. I feel like I've become persona non grata, so I doubt they're going to be giving me permission to carry on school grounds. lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen to that, brother!

I know in Arkansas it is illegal - or was when I attended one of their churches across the state line. They may have changed it since, but I don't know. Here in OK, a church is just like everywhere else. As noted above, if it is being used as a school (at the time), then it would be permissible only with a policy stating so. I'd like to broach this topic with my son's private Christian school... but I don't go to church there, and since I got tossed out last year (from the principal's office, not the church, lol) I pretty much have nothing to do with them. I feel like I've become persona non grata, so I doubt they're going to be giving me permission to carry on school grounds. lol
I remember that. Yeah, you would probably be the last person they would cut slack. LOL.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have designated people in one of the churches I attend that conceal carry. They are positioned at the entrances, exits and access points of the church sanctuary. No very few people know who they are for a reason.
Churches are one of the softest targets around and in a holy war, a very good battle field for our enemies.
On the lighter side, if the pastor had an AR slung around him when the offerings were taken, the new buildings would be going up quicker.
Sorry but I'll be the one to decide who is responsible for my safety, not some preacher and his minions

Latest posts

Top Bottom