Legal to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in Yukon but a friend lives between 29th and 44th on S Frisco Rd on about 10 acres. He thinks that it's ok to shoot in the area but I'm not 100% sure. And without calling city hall or the County Sheriff, would anyone here have any idea? Nothing long range, just a few targets at about 25 yards.

Thanks.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some different friends that owned 10 acres in different city limits and houses were pretty far apart.. they all had ranges set up.. some were as much as 200 yards long. It was in the city limits but pretty far out.
Neighbors never complained.. places were heavily wooded.
We hunted deer there with rifles.. but use common sense and be aware of what is behind your target.

I think it is the neighbors that would be more of a concern.
Be aware of ricochets also.. set it up so there are ZERO of those.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every city ordinance is different i know here it states any thing that propels a projectile is illegal to use inside city limits but they kinda over look the pellet, bows and slingshots unless someone complains. But then it also is at the discretion of the officer that is called to the scene.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP, I'm in the same boat. Bought 10 acres near T-Bird that is not cleared and wanting to shoot. Think it would be unless neighbors call and complain.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the OP, I'm in the same boat. Bought 10 acres near T-Bird that is not cleared and wanting to shoot. Think it would be unless neighbors call and complain.
Buy a suppressor that will take awhile to get, then build a berm with targets into a hole in the berm that won't allow a ricochet and your gold. Your neighbors will never know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya might think 'ol @dennishoddy done this a time or two..... Good ideas right there. ^^^^^
I have my own pistol range berm at the house. I don't need to worry about any neighbors complaining.
I actually got the idea of building a berm where a hole is in the berm to stop ricochets from watching a video of european ranges where the population doesn't allow one single issue of a round leaving the range.
One of the ranges in Switzerland uses concrete tubes that rifle shooters must shoot from as the targets are on the other side of a major highway. I think someone posted a video of it on this forum actually.
There is a range in Nebraska that does a similar thing I've heard of. Makes it impossible to put a round other than where the rounds are designed to land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom