Legality Of Blackjacks, Saps And Batons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to be clear about this.

Let me get this straight and without any doubt.

So, if some Alex Karras (NFL player-type) decided to assault me or one of my family, It would be perfectly fine to blow his brains out with a 10mm round from a Glock Model 20, rather than clothes-lining him by smacking his teeth into his throat with a blackjack or bust his jaw with some brass knuckles?

I assume that I would be better off shooting him?

Maybe I am somewhat warped in my logic. If so, please educate and correct me.

However, my conscience tells me that there is something wrong with the logic that it is perfectly fine to shoot someone who is a threat, but it is wrong, immoral and illegal to smack him down with a sap.

Sadly the answer is yes. You can legally shoot them but you can't put knots on their head with a blackjack. How about another option...take karate! If you learn to beat the crap out of some dirtbag that really deserves it...it may make you fell good to do it.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I go some place where I know it will be posted no guns, I sometimes drop my collapsible ASP [a $25 knockoff] into my vest pocket. 6 1/4" closed.. 15 1/2" expanded. I've had training with a ASP & PR-24 through the agency I worked for... and I took a CLEET certified course using them as part of my on-going annual training for my armed Private Investigator / Security Guard license... so I feel comfortable carrying it. In a situation where I was being threatened with something less than a firearm, I would be able to make good effort at defending myself.

The thing about a ASP or PR-24 baton is there are certain places you cannot stike a person-- such as in the head, over the heart, & the kidneys... as it can cause death or permanent injury. You can certainly break a arm, wrist or hand.

By limiting most people to using only a handgun for self defense, it makes people think long & hard about if they are really in a life threatening situation.. or can they avoid the situation & using their weapon? Because when the bullet leaves the barrel, there is no turning back. On the other hand, with a ASP, SAP or BlackJack.. people can misuse them in a quick manner and then melt away into a crowd or into the dark.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a leather coin purse?

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom