Let’s see them hogs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that's a nice size pork chop!
I'm waiting for them hogs to migrate to Idaho, I'd like to try my "big" guns out on something bigger than coyotes, rock chucks and ground squirrels. I hunt bear, elk and moose but tags are sometimes years trying before acquiring, varmints are no tags and all year around, good practice for shooting skills.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0BD48DE3-5FE3-4ADB-928A-10773F51F41C.jpeg
Christmas Eve hog

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter just moved to Mississippi, I might have to pay here a visit and check out the hog situation, I hear they have an infestation of them there.
I lived in Mississippi for close to 30 years, and killed well over 500 hogs in that time using either a Contender handgun or a scoped shotgun w/slugs.

Hogs that have been eating acorns or field corn make for some of the best eating.

Hogs that have been eating carcasses, fish and what have you, are quite rank and in my opinion, not worth eating.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Mississippi for close to 30 years, and killed well over 500 hogs in that time using either a Contender handgun or a scoped shotgun w/slugs.

Hogs that have been eating acorns or field corn make for some of the best eating.

Hogs that have been eating carcasses, fish and what have you, are quite rank and in my opinion, not worth eating.
Same applies to bears, fall bears are usually good eating, spring bears are like eating a road-killed possum that's been laying out in the sun for a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom