Let’s talk 308 hunting rifles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My USO was ordered directly from them back when they were in CA. You used to get a 10% mil discount.
All USO scopes I've used were CA made. Kalispell is where they went after they sold it. My buddy over there said he didn't recommend any scope they made while in Kalispell. Then ZRO bought them and they moved to NC; he left while in MT. I received an email from them this AM that said they have retained several original Brea staff and the Foundation glass is Japanese and Euro, which is good.

I generally stay away from sub-$500 scopes. Only exception is Leupold, even when they use chicom glass, and they do on their cheap scopes, everything that counts (the metal) is made at their facility and they have that down. I will use anything MIJ though.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All USO scopes I've used were CA made. Kalispell is where they went after they sold it. My buddy over there said he didn't recommend any scope they made while in Kalispell. Then ZRO bought them and they moved to NC; he left while in MT. I received an email from them this AM that said they have retained several original Brea staff and the Foundation glass is Japanese and Euro, which is good.

I generally stay away from sub-$500 scopes. Only exception is Leupold, even when they use chicom glass, and they do on their cheap scopes, everything that counts (the metal) is made at their facility and they have that down. I will use anything MIJ though.

Admittedly I've been out of the USO loop for a long time. Thanks for the update.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up my new 308 today: a Bergara B14 wilderness special purpose. 18” barrel, 6.8lbs, cerakoted black, the stock feels nice, trigger is pretty solid out of the box, barrel threading will be nice for taming fireballs, action is super slick. I like the large bolt handle. My only complaints are that there’s a tiny bit of slop in the bolt/action, and the safety is only two position and a little loud. I’m excited to throw a scope in it and take it to the range. I think I’m just going to use a scope I have now, and save up for something real nice later on; I’m thinking a zeiss or nightforce.
F5D61634-AA84-406A-A313-4B60C34B65D6.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom