Let’s Talk Classified Ads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is kind of a public service announcement for those listing guns in more than one place online.
I just got home from buying a TC Encore from an older gentleman in a neighboring town, and I paid his listed price on the gun classified I frequent and didn’t even try to haggle. I handed him cash that he put in the cup holder of his car, and we started visiting before I could ask him to count it.
I’m half way back home and get an obviously angry text saying I shorted him $100. I know I make mistakes, so I immediately started panicking. I asked him to check his ad, and if I was wrong, I’d gladly pay him the $100. It ended up he had the gun listed on multiple sites and at different prices. I was right that the ad I saw was the price I paid. He was embarrassed and apologetic about over reacting.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple solution...

...just stay out of the classifieds section.

You may thank me later, or maybe not.

Well, you see, it goes like this: I use a cool site feature called New Posts and it automatically brings in the new or posted on classified ads with this press of the phone screen. Then, like puppies with sad eyes, I see all these unwanted guns that need a new, loving home and I just can’t let them go to a broken home as they’ve already been through so much.

Yep…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is kind of a public service announcement for those listing guns in more than one place online.
I just got home from buying a TC Encore from an older gentleman in a neighboring town, and I paid his listed price on the gun classified I frequent and didn’t even try to haggle. I handed him cash that he put in the cup holder of his car, and we started visiting before I could ask him to count it.
I’m half way back home and get an obviously angry text saying I shorted him $100. I know I make mistakes, so I immediately started panicking. I asked him to check his ad, and if I was wrong, I’d gladly pay him the $100. It ended up he had the gun listed on multiple sites and at different prices. I was right that the ad I saw was the price I paid. He was embarrassed and apologetic about over reacting.

Come to think of it, I think you still owe me $100 too!! Not sure why, but I’m sure there’s a reason…

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of y’all, are really tempting me and testing my patience!
You probably have no idea who you are, but I see you.
I’ve blown my gun fund several times over via the past couple of weeks.

Dear sirs, please, PLEASE quit posting guns I want and need to adopt while said fund is recovering!

I’m addressing this to people selling cool Spikers, nice shotguns, 6.5 Creedmoor rifles, S&W 610’s, FNX 45’s, Steyers, and on and on.

I’m broke right now! Please hold your for sale ads for a few more months. I’m begging you!

Signed,
Blessed Broke dude. But not desperate, stupid or wanting a divorce!
As Joe Biden say, "one word" Self-Control. Oppsss

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Joe Biden say, "one word" Self-Control. Oppsss

I see what you did there.

On the risk of turning this gun thread into something else, Chiden should be the first to practice his own preaching.

I has myself some self control, just backed by weak will power and a wanter bigger than my pocketbook. I’m a gunaholic, but I passed the denial stage a long time ago. I’ve tried seeking help here on this forum, but I haven’t received much in the way of encouraging stopping my good actions of adopting undesirables into the safe in order to provide them with a warm, welcoming and comfortable home. One could possibly go as far as to say that I may possibly be allowing OSA to enable me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what you did there.

On the risk of turning this gun thread into something else, Chiden should be the first to practice his own preaching.

I has myself some self control, just backed by weak will power and a wanter bigger than my pocketbook. I’m a gunaholic, but I passed the denial stage a long time ago. I’ve tried seeking help here on this forum, but I haven’t received much in the way of encouraging stopping my good actions of adopting undesirables into the safe in order to provide them with a warm, welcoming and comfortable home. One could possibly go as far as to say that I may possibly be allowing OSA to enable me.

Well, you could always "regift" some of those adopted undesirables to others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom